Entertainment
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

David Tennant

I saw an interview with him the other day, and I never realized that the accent he uses on Dr. Who is not real!

I am now officially in love with the man. His real accent (Scottish I think?) is even sexier.

::swoons::

Whenever I hear Chesh's IRL name I think "Scissor" --MontereyBride

Re: David Tennant

• image CheshireGrin:

I saw an interview with him the other day, and I never realized that the accent he uses on Dr. Who is not real!

I am now officially in love with the man. His real accent (Scottish I think?) is even sexier.

::swoons::

This. 

• I love DT, he's brilliant and so funny. I am so sad that he's leaving. He does have a new show on NBC I think where he's a lawyer.
  • Isn't he just adorable? I watched the Graham Norton show to see what he's like, is that the one you watched?

I'm sure I'll eventually get used to the new Doctor. I got used to DT, after watching Christopher Eccleston for a season. But man, there's something really special about David Tennant. :D 

• I have to admit I was ambivalent about David Tennant at first, but I have gotten to like him even better than Christopher Eccleston.

I will now admit to the ultimate height of dorkdom: I have a t-shirt with a picture of the TARDIS on it which says, "You never forget your first doctor."

No one EVER knows what it means, LOL.

Whenever I hear Chesh's IRL name I think "Scissor" --MontereyBride
  • I have that shirt too!
  • Yes, he's from the Glasgow area. I actually wish he'd just used that accent as the Doctor--I mean, if the Doctor can change bodies, why not accents?

Frankly I will always prefer Eccleston, because his Doctor seemed to be melancholy and slightly scary, while Tennant's seemed to be a hyperactive egomaniac, but they say their personalities are supposed to change. I just preferred Eccleston's interpretation, since it seemed like someone that old would be sad.

BTW, I saw the Graham Norton show and about died laughing with the whole Tardis thing.

• I am jealous of the t-shirt.  I thought the TARDIS think on Graham Norton was funny too.  It was hysterical seeing DT makign sexy poses and pushing his "cleavage" together.  I just about died laughing!  I will miss him and am a little hesitant about Matt Smith.  We shall see how he does.  He has big shoes to fill.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker