Columbus Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Need song recs!

I'm on a parade float committe and I'm in charge of creating a CD to play on our float.  The parade has an island theme, and our float features a sail boat.  We're a child-focaused agency, so we'll have kids featured as well.  Must be family friendly!  (This has eliminated some Jimmy Buffett tunes, haha)

Re: Need song recs!

• I of course immediately think of the beach boys!
  • I second the beach boys. Other than that, I can't think right now......um....
  • The video for the Thong Song was on a beach..... but that's probably out, too!  LOL

3rd vote for Beach Boys!

• I also vote Beach Boys. And sometimes some of Elvis' songs remind me of Hawaii :)
  • There is that somewhere over the rainbow song by a guy with a crazy last name....It is on the 50 first dates sound track.

There is always bobby mcfarin. Don't worry be happy:)

You might be able to find a recording of steel drums playing music too. 

• Also Miami Of Ohio has a steel band and you can get their CD off of www.ramajay.com

• I had a Hawaiian luau recently.  On my soundtrack I had lots of Bob Marley and his two son's Stephen and Ziggy Marley. 
    Stephen Marley: Hey baby with Mos Def
    Ziggy Marley: Beaches of Hawaii
    No Jimmy Buffett
    Sublime: some songs could be kid friendly
    We bought a Hawaiian luau CD from Target for super cheap
    Anything by Jimmy Cliff
    Over the Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
    I don't have my ipod in front of me but anything reggae would work!
    HTH!
  • Beach Boys would be great. Harry Belafonte has "Day-O (The Banana Boat song)" and other fun calypso stuff. We used Jimmy Buffett's "Volcano" with kids, and he's also got a fun song called "Carribean Amphibian" on the Elmopalooza soundtrack. Kenny Chesney has some beach-themed songs like "When The Sun Goes Down" and "No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problems."

If you want to toss in some kids' songs, there are a couple of beach/boat-related songs by The Wiggles, and "Under The Sea"from The Little Mermaid.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Third vote for: Over the Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
    We got married in Maui and loved this song!
  • There are TONS of Buffett songs that would still be appropriate.  I can burn you a CD if you'd like!  :)
  • I have no idea who sings it... but what about 'come sail away, come sail away w/me' (that's a line from the song.)...also can you find the Buffet songs w/out the words?  Sometimes just the music is best anyways.