Baltimore Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

What were your BF finds?

Who went shopping? PIP your deals if you can!

Re: What were your BF finds?

• I didnt go but had my parents pick me up some stuff. I got kids PJS for $3 at Walmart, booster seats BOGO and Ts for my niece for $3 with matching scarves for $3.
  • Chi Hair Straightener for $69; Digital Frame for $29; Pyrex Casserole Dish with Lid and Carrying Case for $13; Wet/Dry Vac for $19.

Usually we go for big ticket items but this year we just went out for a few small things.

image *Amber & Chuck - October 25, 2008* Anniversary
  • I bought myself Life is Good pajamas at the dog pool. Does that count? Big Smile That's about as close to a store I will go to on that day.
  • Rob's dad picked up for Ethan for us, the dual screen dvd player for the car, the ones that attach to the headrests.

i think we got this one, it was $88 at Target:

Product Image RCA Twin 9" Mobile DVD System - Black (DRC6296)

• The Ipod touch from Walmart for my son--it was $200 which included a $50 Itunes gift card, that was a good deal.

Ava's Christmas stocking from Disney Store-50% off. 

Also a winter coat and sweater dress for her from Macy's, both more than 60% off.

I got a bunch of other stuff, but not really great deals.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am so freaking bored at work, finding links for everything I bought should take up some time! 

I pretty much shopped for myself Embarrassed But in fairness I desperatly needed winter clothes, everything from last year was too big and DH kept calling me "droopy drawers" when I put on work pants which was getting really old. I bought-

These are now my new favorite jeans, I like them better than my Seven jeans, and the ones The Buckle tailored for me-
    http://www.express.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=19596&parentCategoryId=2&categoryId=24&subCategoryId=24

This boyfriend jacket but in black

to wear with this dress-

and these shoes-

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3030410/0~2376778~2372808~2377035~6009375?pbo=3030410&origin=quickView

I was going for this look just a little different-

This sweater..

Ok it's taken up too much work time but I also got two knee high flat boots, Editor work pants from Express that were $20 off, a MD sweatshirt for Nick that was $60, marked down to $14.99 as an early bird special, some more fabric for dog collars, wine glasses to paint for my MIL and SIL, some button downs from NY and Co and Limited, an iPod docking station for the shower because my shower radio broke :( And DH got a new computer monitor for 40% off. Oh! And I got a Keurig for 40% off!

• image MrsAmber:

Chi Hair Straightener for $69; Digital Frame for $29; Pyrex Casserole Dish with Lid and Carrying Case for $13; Wet/Dry Vac for $19.

Usually we go for big ticket items but this year we just went out for a few small things.

That's what I did too and it was so much less stressful not fighting for big ticket items! My mom got another Chi too, where did you get yours? I think hers was $69 also, maybe from Costco? It was somewhere I wouldn't have expected her to get it from.

• We bought a bunch of little items at good sales, but the best was the 40" lc d tv for DH. Paid $400 off the original price.

Oh and my new GPS for $120 at BestBuy.com (normally $250+) with free lifetime traffic updates (DH gets my old one since I use mine almost daily and he uses it only once in a while).

• I stay as far away from malls as I can on BF, but I was driving up to NY with the dog and half way up realized I forgot his leash.  So I had to stop at a PetSmart along the way which happened to be next to Target, Bed Bath and Beyond and a mall.  So...I got stuck in BF traffic but did no actual shopping Crying
    Holiday Card 2011
    The Baloney Bug, A Blog
  • Lisa where did you get that yellow dress? Adorable.
    Holiday Card 2011
    The Baloney Bug, A Blog
  • I got the kids the Elmo kitchen/restaurant.  It was only $29 at Big Lots. I went shopping in Sykesville and they were no crowds. Yeah
  • www.modcloth.com, it's one of my favorite clothing sites!
  • We ordered our baby furniture from BRU that was on a BF special and I got my running shoes on a great deal at D!ck's. Usually I am much more of a BF shopper, but this year there wasn't much that thrilled me that I needed.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image MrsNDM:
    www.modcloth.com, it's one of my favorite clothing sites!

I heart modcloth!  Their stuff is so cute but I have never actually ordered anything from there......but now I need more work clothes and I'm sick of all my normal stuffy boring clothes so I feel justified looking there lol.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image MrsNDM:

Never heard of it...very excited to explore!!

Holiday Card 2011
    The Baloney Bug, A Blog
  • Great finds Lisa!
    My sweet boy
    imageimage
  • I just ran to Target quickly b/c I needed a shirt to wear under a sweater on Saturday - I didn't have a shirt w/the right neck, haha.

Anyway, it wasn't crowded at all!

I got:

The shirt for $5

The Goonies, SATC Movie, and Elf for $3 each

Wooden puzzle for Emerson for $5

And a few other things that I can't remember, but I only spent $50 total so it was a success!

I ran next door to Toys R Us to see if they had diapers so I could avoid driving to a BRU (I had gift cards) and wow, the checkout line was snaking in and out of aisles. So I bailed on that trip, haha.

I was in Glen Burnie, right at the Route 2 North/895 exit...I usually go there for my Target trips instead of staying in the city.

• Oohhh, I forgot my best one, even though it was online.

Britax Marathon car seat for Emerson for $100 off on Amazon! It's a girly pattern (brown with pink polka dots, go figure, haha!), but we can always buy a cover if our next child is a boy.

• image lauraanddave:

Oohhh, I forgot my best one, even though it was online.

Britax Marathon car seat for Emerson for $100 off on Amazon! It's a girly pattern (brown with pink polka dots, go figure, haha!), but we can always buy a cover if our next child is a boy.

haha, I always think of Emerson when I see polka dots now!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I also shopped for myself! lol

I bought something like this for $39. It's simple, but I got it for school, so I didn't want to spend much.  If I like it/use it a lot I might get a nicer FlipCam.

I also got some comfy boots like these from Charlotte Russe. But I wasn't thinking about having hardly any pants that will tuck into them. Guess I need to shop some more! haha

[IMG]http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii59/eevans1_photo/03b0b9ac-6a22-4c6e-9bad-dce89d908ded_zps32afd748.jpg[/IMG]
    TTC since May 2010
  • image MrsNDM:
    image MrsAmber:

Chi Hair Straightener for $69; Digital Frame for $29; Pyrex Casserole Dish with Lid and Carrying Case for $13; Wet/Dry Vac for $19.

That's what I did too and it was so much less stressful not fighting for big ticket items! My mom got another Chi too, where did you get yours? I think hers was $69 also, maybe from Costco? It was somewhere I wouldn't have expected her to get it from.

BJs!  

image *Amber & Chuck - October 25, 2008* Anniversary
  • I posted this on F&B the other day, but I'll share my deal at The Limited with you all too-

I had $115 in gift cards from my bday and then a 50% coupon for Black Friday.  So last night after dinner I ventured to the mall.  Well the entire store was 40% off, so I figured my coupon was only going to get me another 10% off the original prices.

I had 2 pairs of pants, 2 sweaters, a couple shirts off the clearance rack (add. 40% off the sale price), and a sweater for MIL.  I get to the register and hand the girl my coupon and she got all excited.  Apparently my coupon was some rare one that not everyone got and was the first she had seen all day.  I got 50% off the already 40% off prices!!  I quickly went back and did more shopping!  I ended up with 2 huge shopping bags full and Christmas gifts for the entire family.  My total was $414 (with the 40% off- so about $1000 worth of stuff), then 50% off that, then my $115 in gift cards.  So I ended up spending less than $100 of my own money.  Score!!

• We didn't leave the house this year but I did find a J.Crew cashmere sweater way back in the depths of my closet that I bought during BF last year.  I thought it was lost and had accused DH of throwing it away when he impatiently snatched up all my shopping bags and chucked them - it was our first married fight.  DH also believed that he had accidentally thrown out the sweater and went out to buy me a new one.  So now I have two.
  • image Joanis018:

image MrsNDM:

Never heard of it...very excited to explore!!

Color me shocked!  You are such a Modcloth girl ;) 

• image firedancer1028:

I posted this on F&B the other day, but I'll share my deal at The Limited with you all too-

I had $115 in gift cards from my bday and then a 50% coupon for Black Friday.  So last night after dinner I ventured to the mall.  Well the entire store was 40% off, so I figured my coupon was only going to get me another 10% off the original prices.

I had 2 pairs of pants, 2 sweaters, a couple shirts off the clearance rack (add. 40% off the sale price), and a sweater for MIL.  I get to the register and hand the girl my coupon and she got all excited.  Apparently my coupon was some rare one that not everyone got and was the first she had seen all day.  I got 50% off the already 40% off prices!!  I quickly went back and did more shopping!  I ended up with 2 huge shopping bags full and Christmas gifts for the entire family.  My total was $414 (with the 40% off- so about $1000 worth of stuff), then 50% off that, then my $115 in gift cards.  So I ended up spending less than $100 of my own money.  Score!!

Holy crap!!! I am such a nerd and get so excited about other peoples finds just as much as my own. I'm on the phone with my mom and just told her about your deals, now we're mad we didn't make it to The Limited!!

• Normally we don't leave the house on BF, but we've been considering purchasing a DSLR, so we went to several places and ended up saving over $300 on a package including the Canon T1i with lens, an extra zoom lens, and a camera case!!  We are SO excited to have a "real" camera!