Baltimore Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Low blood pressure?

For the last hour and a half (since I started eating lunch) my heart has been racing and I feel like I can't catch my breath/take a deep breath. Is this low blood pressure? I've never had this haapen before! What to do?
Holiday Card 2011
The Baloney Bug, A Blog

Re: Low blood pressure?

• Panic Attack? THat is what it sounds like to me.

I would say go to the doctor if it does not stop in the next few minutes.

• If your heart is racing that would be high blood pressure.  Not sure what's going on there.  Hope you feel better!
  • Definitely sounds like high blood pressure to me. I had HB when I was pregnant with A. And the doctor had to put me on meds. I would call the doctor just to be safe.
    image, image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • It's gotten better but hasn't stopped.  Don't know what I could be panicking about (except trying to figure out what to do with my life and 10 million other things Big Smile)

Now about finding a doctor since I haven't been to one since I moved to MD 6 months ago...

Holiday Card 2011
    The Baloney Bug, A Blog
  • I have low blood pressure- I get light-headed and dizzy a lot, sometimes almost blacking out (seeing stars) but I haven't passed out from it ever.  Also my hands and feet are normally freezing.  That's what low BP is like.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Ditto pp, sounds like a panic attack.

I have low blood pressure and the same thing happens to me as Daisy.  A lot of times when I stand up I feel like Im going to black out.  Ive never actual blacked out but I start seeing stars. 

• I've had the heart racing thing happen a few times when I've been really really dehydrated. It seems like worrying about it makes it worse, as well. I haven't had the breathing bit, though. Maybe you could go to an urgent care center if you don't have an established physician?