Baltimore Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Autumn and Megcheer

We ordered the cherry colored crib that was on sale yesterday. I am definitely excited about the purchase. The nursery was painted earlier this week too so the baby's room is really coming together.

I wanted to hit up the TRU to buy the set but we went there on Thurs night at midnight and it was mobbed. We got in and out in about 20 mins though. We didn't see the set there and to talk to someone would have taken forever to wait. Not knowing if they have limited stock on the set, we decided to suck it up and drive down to Towson to make sure we got what we wanted. I would have loved to order it from the TRU though since we can walk there from the house. It is definitely going to be a pain when we have to pick it up. I am guessing we will need at least 2-3 trips to Towson to get everything. Grrr!!! I did try to change the address of the delivery to the TRU store last night, but they would have had to cancel the order and reorder it, but by that time of the night the stock was already out of the warehouse. Oh wel!!! At least we got what we wanted.

Oh and the BRU had the three shelf bookcase on clearance to match the set. We bought it for $200, but will probably end up returning it and getting a cheaper one from Target or something since we splurged on the furniture. We were originally going to order the Baby Mod Cadence from Walmart until we saw this deal come up.

Congrats on the furniture! Nursery painted, furniture ordered, bump is starting to show, pants aren't fitting anymore.....reality is starting to set in!!!

Tyler in Aruba October 2011 image

Re: Autumn and Megcheer

• Thats's awesome that you got the deal!  The cherry color is oh so pretty...it was my next choice....plus it gets great reviews!  I had already had it in my mind we would have a white furniture nursery but if we had a bigger room, I would have gotten all three pieces...and possibly in cherry.  I think it is a great set! Did you get the classic crib or the lifestyle one?  Which mattress did you get with it?  I think we got the Serta Perfect Night one.  Show us your bedding if you want...I love seeing other people's choices.  Our top contender is this one now....

http://www.cocalo.com/item.asp?id=533&brand=6&g=&coll=&cat=1

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • That's awesome that you got the deal, no matter which store its from :)  I am really excited about it also. We got to TRU around 8:30am and it took about 15 min to order it, so not bad. The place was definitely crazy but I happened to walk right into a manager first who asked if I needed help, so he got another associate to order it right away for me. Like I said on the other post, I just wish I had pushed to apply for the credit card and save us some money, but oh well.

We haven't decided on paint or bedding yet, just waiting to find out the sex in less than a month!

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We just had the nursery painted SW Banana Cream. We are going to wait until the baby is born to order the bedding but here are our two choices.

http://www.cocalo.com/item.asp?id=764&brand=1&g=1&coll=&cat=1

http://www.cocalo.com/item.asp?id=866&brand=12&g=4&coll=&cat=1

Tyler in Aruba October 2011 image