December 2007 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

pay day

do you feel the need to buy things on or right after pay day?

Re: pay day

• i over heard a cw just say she couldn't wait for pay day so she could go shopping. I haven't been in that mindset since my job in high school...when my money was all play money. 

honestly..i don't even know when my paycheck goes in. It's all direct deposit and I don't get a stub. I go about spending as minimally as possible pay day or not.

• Yes and no. I am meticulous about checking my account online and knowing what should be there and when I am clear to "spend" money --- ie. go grocery shopping, put bills in the mail.

I don't really look forward to payday because I know it will all be gone in a matter of hours after bills are paid...there are no shopping sprees for me.

• no. we get our fun money first of every month so it does not matter if we have payday or not if i dont have any fun money left i dont buy anything.
    Who let the dawgs out? image
  • Lol, like you Lauren, I haven't thought that way since college when it was my money to keep!

We have a very strict budget and every penny is allocated somewhere, so I look forward to payday for the very fact that I have bills waiting to be paid!

• Nope, I buy what I want when I want. I really only check my account to make sure the bills are paid.
    M & D - 12/29/2007
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby #2 - D&E - 10/1/10 @ 19w2d - thanatophoric dysplasia confirmed.
    Charlotte Lillian will be forever in our hearts.

Baby #3 - Little Bean - natural miscarriage - 1/17/11 @ 5w5d

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • These days, I look forward to pay day just to see how much I'm getting...the whole hourly-pay thing is strange to me.  But like pp said, pay day really just means that the bills will be paid...and anything left over goes to savings, which is fun to see growing!
    ~~~~Carrie & Shawn~~~~December 21, 2007~~~~ image
    Our Blog!
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain." Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Nope, haven't thought that way in years. I still get checks (no direct deposit), so when I get it and throw it in my purse, I'll sometimes forget about if for a couple of days and then Dusty sits down to pay bills or do the budget and he's like, "where's your paycheck??". It's a big stress reliever budgeting ahead and not having to live paycheck to paycheck.
    image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker