Pets
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

my dog keeps chewing his bed! help!

Okay so out of the blue my dog starts chewing his dog bed in his crate. He pulls the stuffing out and eats it. He has a kong and bones in there. But nevertheless, every time I change the bed, he shreds it. Are there any ideas for diff types of bedding for the crate he can't destroy but is still comfy?

Re: my dog keeps chewing his bed! help!

• I just use a blanket
    [url=http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/21923163] Emmett, An Adoptable English Bulldog/Beagle Mix [/url]
  • Our pup has absolutely nothing in his crate.  He would eat and swallow things he shouldn't if he did.  I would try going back to that until you could trust him not to eat it. 
    [IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/293k6kl.jpg[/IMG]
  • Our dogs don't get beds in their crates.  They eat them.  They do just fine without them.
    A Spring Day on the Katy Trail
  • We just use a blanket. If our pup was eating stuff in there, I just wouldn't put anything in there. I figure it's better than the cold concrete floor at the shelter we got her from. Luckily she doesn't try to eat it. I wouldn't want to take the chance of her choking on it.
  • It's funny you mention the blanket idea. That's exactly what my granny told me to do this morning. LOL. So I guess we will try that next and if he chews that up, he will be sleeping on the crate floor while we are gone I guess. =(  I have tried looking up those Kuranda beds but haven't had much luck. thanks for the link!!