Toledo Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

LM - your circ ???

Dr. Clay Hufford actually told us to pull the skin back every day and clean it out so it doesn't reattach.

I pull it back every night when he takes a bath and just run a wash cloth over the skin.

We had a slight issue when he was a month old with this and ever since I started doing that I've not had a problem.

Booze, it's what's for dinner image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birth - 7 lbs. 7 oz., 20 inches 1 Month - 9 lbs., 5 oz, 21 inches 2 Months - 11 lbs., 4.5 oz, 23 inches 4 Months - 14 lbs, 1 oz, 26.5 inches 6 months - 16 lbs, 1 oz, 28.75 inches 9 months - 18 lbs, 6 oz, 29.25 inches 1 Year - 21 lbs, 6 oz, 31 inches 2 Years - 28 lbs., 37 inches

Re: LM - your circ ???

• I was totally going to post the same thing!

But, I wanted to add, that I used a little vaseline after I pulled it back as well, especially at night.  I didn't remember to do it at every diaper change, but even once or twice during the day and at night seemed to help.  The Dr. had to pull R's back a few times, but when I started using vaseline more regularly, it stopped trying to reattach.

• Yes, I forgot the vaseline part.  We do that too.
    Booze, it's what's for dinner image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birth - 7 lbs. 7 oz., 20 inches 1 Month - 9 lbs., 5 oz, 21 inches 2 Months - 11 lbs., 4.5 oz, 23 inches 4 Months - 14 lbs, 1 oz, 26.5 inches 6 months - 16 lbs, 1 oz, 28.75 inches 9 months - 18 lbs, 6 oz, 29.25 inches 1 Year - 21 lbs, 6 oz, 31 inches 2 Years - 28 lbs., 37 inches
  • Okay each time I change his diaper I pull the skin down and wipe...but are you still using vaseline?

I mean I dont' know if it re attached again or not.  But it did each other time....

maybe I should start using vaseline again.

• everytime I changed him I pulled the skin back and wiped it off.  Then, I put the vaseline on him...well, when I remembered - it was at least a few times a day.  I would start using vaseline again because it creates a barrier and the skin can't reattach.
  • I've had two doctors at Toledo Peds tell me the same thing, most circs try to reattach, it does not mean you had a bad circ.  They said it is like any wound, it wants to try and heal itself.

For the first 4 months I did pull it back at every diaper change and do vaseline.  Now I only do it one time a day, at night and do vaseline then.  So far it has been great.