Pets
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

::Jen12573:: re: dove

Is the bird still there?  If so, I think you should try and catch him and take him to a rehab center.  Place it in a CARDBOARD BOX lined w/ a papertowel or sheet (no towels...they can get their feet tangled in it).  Cages and Aquariums are the last thing you want to put a wild bird in b/c they can really hurt themselves further by slamming into the glass to escape or damaging their feathers and head trying to get thru wire.  You have to have a federal permit to keep a native bird, so you can't keep it and heal it yourself.  Most vets do NOT have permits and know very little about wildlife, so you should contact a licensed rehabber.

http://wildliferehabber.com/modules/xoopsmembers/

http://www.southeasternoutdoors.com/rehab_usa.html

Leopard in Acacia Tree, Serengeti National Park, Tanzania 2009
Crafty Owl Blog
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: ::Jen12573:: re: dove

• Thank you so much - he isn't there anymore tonight, once the sun went down he went away. We're going to check again first thing tomorrow morning before I leave for my trip. If he's there, we'll try to catch him and find a place to take him, I'm checking tonight to see if there's anything in the area.

We wouldn't try to rehab him ourselves, no doubt, we have a cat and a dog, and I'm a little frightened of birds so having one in the house is not going to happen. We'll see, I'll let you know! Thanks a million!?

SAIF/PAIF absolutely ALWAYS welcome to respond!