North Carolina Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Road trip recap

1) 3 hours is not enough time to catch up on 10 years of a friend's life.

He's got 2 daughters now, joined the army, etc.etc. etc. I'm sure we'll catch up more later. We spent half the time reminiscing about the times that he, DH, & I hung out in high school.

2) Bad martinis = headache.

Good part - I got to visit one of my cousins that works at a restaurant near Ft. Belvoir. I miss her, so it was great to give her a hug & talk for a while.

Bad part - Our waitress (not my cousin) was a little slow. By the time she came back to re-ask me about my drink order, I changed my mind from a glass of Shiraz to a martini. One more round of re-asking & I got my crappy martini: ordered it w/ Bombay, straight up w/ an olive...got 1/2 ice, 1/10th gin martini w/ 4 olives.

3) If a man has pictures of 2 Brazilian guys in bed together on his cell phone, it doesn't necessarily mean he's gay.

He has a picture on his cell phone of 2 of his army buddies drunk & passed out in a hotel bed. He took it & sent it to a female friend, jokingly offering them as a gift  - hey, who doesn't want 2 hot Brazilian guys for Christmas? ;)

4) Good manicures are very important.

I think we both acknowledged that we haven't changed that much. One of the few things that did change was that he used to be a bit of a redneck & didn't give a flip about how he dressed. He seems to care a bit more about how he looks now.

Part of the recap of his love life involved him mentioning what he was looking for in a woman, 2 of those things being intelligence & someone who takes care of themselves. He gave the example of, "someone who cares about the way they look...has nice manicured nails; you know, their nails aren't all chipped up..." So for the rest of the trip, I kept giving him a hard time about that one. I made constant remarks about how I was so glad I painted my nails this weekend because he might have chosen to not let me give him a ride to DC, or been embarrassed to be seen w/ me in public, etc., etc., etc.

...He also left his Dodge Magnum for us to car sit. I had to promise not to let DH "test it out" too much. Funny, he didn't give me that restriction...hmm Devil

Re: Road trip recap