North Carolina Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Whoopi Goldberg is an idiot

On the View yesterday, she said that the case against Roman Polanski wasn't "rape rape."

Oh, okay.  I didn't know that drugging a 13 year old, giving her alcohol and ignoring her repeated requests for you to stop was just regular old rape and not rape rape.

Glad she cleared that up.

WTF???  Where are the victims advocates???  Let's just say for a minute it was consensual.  She was 13 and he was 42.  It's still ILLEGAL and plenty of people have gone to jail for it.  SO SHOULD HE!

And The Pianist was a crappy movie.

Re: Whoopi Goldberg is an idiot

• how did she explain it not being "rape rape"? that sounds so stupid.
  • good grief.  she is an idiot.
    Baby Charchie born 12/22/2011
  • Ohhhh so its one thing to get raped in the street by some total stranger.  Thats just rape.

But if I am at a house party a little drunk with a bunch of friends and I get raped after saying no over and over - its not rape rape?

What an efffing stupid @ss remark to make about a CHILD being drugged and raped?  She is stupid.  I hope the man burns.

And yes - The Pianist sucked.

image Me Squeshia.
  • Well, here's my take--and I think you know I'm a rather harsh critic of hollywood stars.  If it were a director she didn't like, or if Roman Polanski were, say, a Republican senator or something, she would be an INCREDIBLY harsh critic of him.  However, since she likes him, "it's not that big a deal."  She, among several others, have always made me scratch my head with her hypocrisy.

• image derky17:

Well, here's my take--and I think you know I'm a rather harsh critic of hollywood stars.  If it were a director she didn't like, or if Roman Polanski were, say, a Republican senator or something, she would be an INCREDIBLY harsh critic of him.  However, since she likes him, "it's not that big a deal."  She, among several others, have always made me scratch my head with her hypocrisy.

Yes a lot of hollywood seems to get off easy on criticism of the big, important things. 
    Baby Charchie born 12/22/2011
  • image KatieBride06:
    how did she explain it not being "rape rape"?

I'm curious about that too. What exactly did she say to defend her point?

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NX_D0Bv9M0

Youtube of her dumb comments.

Basically, she thinks that it wasn't rape.  "It was something else."

• image SpeedGlenn:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NX_D0Bv9M0

Youtube of her dumb comments.

Basically, she thinks that it wasn't rape.  "It was something else."

Boo, I can't watch youtube at work. Regardless, rape is rape is rape is rape. I really can't comprehend why people like her can just shrug that off, especially when it involves a child!

• I think often Whoopi has some good points, but I have a hard time backing this one. She has a daughter who got pregnant at 14 herself, so you'd think she wouldn't be a fan of young girls having sex; with or especially without their consent. It just amazes me how 99% of celebrities get away with anything
  • image SkyLizard:

Boo, I can't watch youtube at work. Regardless, rape is rape is rape is rape. I really can't comprehend why people like her can just shrug that off, especially when it involves a child!

She said that Polanski thought he was going to get a hundred years, so rather than stick around he ran.  I just really feel like she is simplifying this way too much.

13 year olds are RARELY capable of making adult decisions.  They just aren't mature enough.  So again - even if it was consensual (which it doesn't sound like it was) it is still illegal.  Therefore, he committed a crime, and committed further crimes by fleeing.  He should be charged and treated just like anyone else in this position would.

• Oh Whoopi, Think before you mouth spills idiotic drivel..
    [IMG]http://i51.tinypic.com/or4gtc.jpg[/IMG]
  • Wow... I just watched the YouTube video and I guess my face now looks like a combo of Indifferent, Hmm and Sad

If you want to look at it from the most basic of views, what Whoopi is doing is trying to enable an illegal (and disgusting) act simply because European's "view things differently" than we do here in America.

That really annoys me. When you go to another country, you have to follow the rules of that country. You can't come to America, buy a kid alcohol and drugs, have sex with them, and claim that it's ok because you're from Europe. I can't believe she doesn't see how moronic her comment was.

Also, I don't think that's a fair statement for her to make about Europians. It makes them sound like a bunch of laid back drunks who like to screw kids and I think that, in itself, was a very stupid thing for her to say. How very  ethnocentric of her.

I know plenty of people from Europe who would think that what Polanski did was disgusting and wrong.

The point is, if you live in a country, you follow the rules and regulations of that country or you pay the price. Roman Polanski broke the law and Roman Polanski should serve his time, just like everyone else would.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Agreed about Whoopi - and the hundreds of other idiots in Hollywood that are demanding his release - it's pretty crappy for all of them to defend child rape or any rape at all.  (especially because the guy pleaded guilty!!!! and then just ran away to france.  so shady).

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/09/29/hollywood.embraces.polanski/index.html