Entertaining Ideas
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Masters Grad Party

hi- I'm planning a party for my husband who's graduating with a degree in Finance. I've invited lots of people including friends and family. Its at a sports bar, though. I want the party to be somewhat classy, not fratty.

?Any ideas on how to class up a sports bar? Maybe tealight candles??

Re: Masters Grad Party

• tea light candles. maybe a small centerpiece.

you could do table cloths if you wanted to

but in all honesty why have a 'classy' party and a average joe bar?

my how to guide
    ?Rotty 365 ?

[IMG]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a165/hlynns0327/rottyblog2-1.jpg[/IMG]

'The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because He loves what is behind him.' -G. K. Chesterton
  • I agree with pp that the location makes a big difference for the feel of a party. Are you going to be in a private room away from the main area? You could look into playing certain kinds of music, ask them to turn off the tv's, think about your menu choices, etc...

?But what about just going with the sports theme? It would probably be easier and finishing your masters is cause for raucous celebration, imo (:?

• I like the tealight candle idea.  I got some at Michaels that are encased in glass - they last a little longer than normal tea lights and also the glass around them reflects more of the candle light.  Also, I just think that they look nicer than other ones I have seen.

Are you going to have a seperate room?

Could you create a signature drink?  I went to a party recently where they had a huge punch bowl of a yummy drink - there were limes and whatnot floating in the bowl.  So not only did it taste good, look nice, but it was a special touch.  They also had the glasses stacked in a really cool way, so even though it was functional, it was decoration as well.

What about a cake?  If you had your own room, then again, it would double as function and decoration. 

If you give some more details, it might be easier to help you?

BabyFruit Ticker