West Coast Florida Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Cell # Vent

I swear that I always end up with the cell number that some delinquent had before me!

With the # I had in Clearwater I ALWAYS got recordings from Pinellas HS telling me that my child had missed 3 or more days of school, etc.  I swear this kid must have never been in school!  Of course I always got recordings from the superintendent too.  This woman must have been in debt out the wazoo b/c I was always getting calls from collection agencies.  To top it all off I would also get phone calls at like 2 am from shady ass sounding people.

Now with my cell # down here in Ft. Lauderdale I get constant phone calls and recordings from collection agencies, employment companies and loan agencies.  I also get calls from people who don't speak english and get recordings that aren't in english, therefore I can't even ask them to stop calling!  The ones that I do ask to stop calling continue to call.  Of course I also get the random shady ass text or VM every once in a blue moon too.  OH, and if someone was to get a VM and it was clearly NOT the person they were intending to call then WHY in world would they continue to leave a message?!?!

WTH!!   

I'm done now, thanks.

Re: Cell # Vent

• That would drive me INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Does it take up your minutes?? That would be my beef!
  • That is so annoying!  Especially the creditors b/c it is nearly impossible to get them to stop calling.  Even if you explain to them that they have the wrong number, they will assume that you are just lying.

Apparently my number either formerly belonged to or is similar to that of a woman named Monique whom everyone calls "Mo".  One time I answered the phone only to have a very sketchy sounding woman chew me out saying "Mo, girl come on an quit playin'.  I know this is you!"  I was like "Really?  Do I really sound like Mo to you?  Sorry but you have the wrong number."  Another time I got a text message inviting me to the funeral of someone that was apparently gunned down or something.  It was really strange.

• image FLVintageBride:

That is so annoying!  Especially the creditors b/c it is nearly impossible to get them to stop calling.  Even if you explain to them that they have the wrong number, they will assume that you are just lying.

Apparently my number either formerly belonged to or is similar to that of a woman named Monique whom everyone calls "Mo".  One time I answered the phone only to have a very sketchy sounding woman chew me out saying "Mo, girl come on an quit playin'.  I know this is you!"  I was like "Really?  Do I really sound like Mo to you?  Sorry but you have the wrong number."  Another time I got a text message inviting me to the funeral of someone that was apparently gunned down or something.  It was really strange.

It sounds like my former cell # owners and yours may have been friends, lol.  The previous owner of the # I have now is Raycen Robinson (has a nice ring to it, don't ya think, lol).  I don't remember the other woman's name from my Clearwater #, but her first name was scarily similar to mine.

• That would seriously get on my nerves too.  Luckily I have had the same cell number since I was like 15, but that is the biggest complaint that I get from my Metro customers at work.  Its WAY worse if you are a Metro customer because they cycle numbers so quickly since its a prepaid service.  I once had a 74 year old lady buy a phone and come back the next day because people kept trying to call her and were asking to buy drugs from her.  Clearly whoever had the number before must have been Pinellas counties biggest dealer!  Her response to me was "I dont know why these people want my blood pressure medicine, it makes you feel like crap!"  LOL, Im pretty sure she didnt know what kind of drugs those people were referring too!
  • Raycen- now there's one I've never heard before!
  • Of course I could always change my #, but it seems that none of this ever starts happening until I have the # for at least a month or two and it would be horribly inconvenient to change it at that point!
  • Honestly, I would take that over the issue we have with our apartment.  Apparently, the guy who lived here right before us is some abusive dead beat and the cops have even stopped by here several times looking for him.  His girlfriend's family sent the cops to look for the girl since they hadn't heard from her in a week. 

We also receive all sorts of collections mailings that we promptly return to sender.  The best part is that this guy got arrested for something since the public defender's office sent a HUGE envelope recently.  Oh yeah, I had to write a large "return to sender" note on there fast. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My mom used to get a call from this spanish guy who doesnt speak any english and kept looking for some lady. My mom finally spoke in tagalog (filipino dialect) and he was so confused and finally stopped calling. Annoying!
    "don't ever let go of my hands" teejay.. image
  • image mrsfireman19:
    That would seriously get on my nerves too.  Luckily I have had the same cell number since I was like 15, but that is the biggest complaint that I get from my Metro customers at work.  Its WAY worse if you are a Metro customer because they cycle numbers so quickly since its a prepaid service.  I once had a 74 year old lady buy a phone and come back the next day because people kept trying to call her and were asking to buy drugs from her.  Clearly whoever had the number before must have been Pinellas counties biggest dealer!  Her response to me was "I dont know why these people want my blood pressure medicine, it makes you feel like crap!"  LOL, Im pretty sure she didnt know what kind of drugs those people were referring too!

That poor lady!  I feel bad for her; I had some phone calls like that when I got my number from T-mobile, but I had to tell them (Luckily, I speak enough Spanish...) to tell them this isn't Jose's number anymore.