West Coast Florida Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

OMG!

Ok so this morning I called the front office and told them my bathtub is not draining correctly and they said Ok we really can not get anyone out there till tomorrow. I said Ok no biggie. It is draining, just slowly and we can make it till then no problem.

So I am in the kitchen, wearing my domestic diva apron and when I am gong to be in the kitchen for a while making something...I like to have a good time. So I turn up my Ipod way high and jam out to some of my favorite playlists. And since its just me home, I know I am not bothering anyone with my music. So then as I was cooking I decided that its Friday, and its 2 o clock...I think its ok if I have a nice cold beer. So I crack open the beer and I am having a wonderful time with myself lol. 

Well I am rocking out the Toxic by Britney Spears (my fav britney spears song so I was singing all the words and dancing with my spatula) and its getting towards the end of the song. I look up and there a maintence guy staring at me from my living room. 

OMG. I screamed and about peed my pants. Apparently he had knocked on the door twice but my music being so loud I had not heard him. And here at the apartment complex if they knock twice, they figure no one is home and they come in and do their stuff and leave. Well he walked in to see me. Doing all of that. He had a huge smile on his face. And I started saying Im so sorry and was running to go turn the ipod thing off and the next song was "Pour Some Sugar On Me" by Def Leppard. My face was probably beet read at that point and by the time I got it off I was so embarrassed I wanted to go hide. 

Anyways he fixed it quickly and left. But that is probably my most embarrassing moment in a long long time!

Re: OMG!

• Hahaha.....I can picture it now!
    Baby Macy is here!

12/09 - Macy (daughter) | 4/10 - Began TTC Baby #2 | 12/10 - Chemical Pregnancy | 1/12 - Miscarriage at 14 weeks | DX - PCOS & Hyperthyroidism
  • WOW..that is embarassing! lol. I just sent that to my BIL who works with me so he can get a kick :) But dont feel too bad...it sounds like something I would totally do!!

• OMG OMG OMG that is hilarious!!!! I love the image of you dancing with the spatula...
  • Lol- I'm loving the mental image of this.  I'm imagining your apron is all ruffly and cute and you've got pink silicon spatulas- that may not be true, but that's how I'm picturing it in my head.  I bet you made that maintenance guy's day!
  • image lauren9317:
    OMG OMG OMG that is hilarious!!!! I love the image of you dancing with the spatula...

Embarrassed  I also think he might have seen me using it as a microphone. Lord help me.

• I just completely LOL'ed for real!!!  That is hilarious!  I was totally picturing all of this playing out in my head. 

I feel like that is something you would see on a TV show or something.  I can only imagine how embarrassing that was, especially since it totally caught you off guard.

• Aww...at least it's a funny story to tell!  And at least you weren't wearing just your domestic diva apron haha.  You said it's your H's bday right?  Well for H's bday this year I made sure I was baking when he got home...in only an apron and heels.  Haha I can't imagine how bad it would've have been to have a maintenance man walk in on that lol.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • image FLVintageBride:
    Lol- I'm loving the mental image of this.  I'm imagining your apron is all ruffly and cute and you've got pink silicon spatulas- that may not be true, but that's how I'm picturing it in my head.  I bet you made that maintenance guy's day!

LMAO! I seriously have tears coming out of my eyes. My apron is pink and black and ruffly. And yes my spatula is PINK! Bright neon pink. 

• it sounds like a scene right out of a movie!  how funny!
  • BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Now that shiz is funny!
    [IMG]http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c67/elainevarona/1352473779.jpg[/IMG]
  • HAHA that is hilarious.....and also why we added an extra slide lock to our apartment door, hahaha. 
  • image jdsegarr:

image FLVintageBride:
    Lol- I'm loving the mental image of this.  I'm imagining your apron is all ruffly and cute and you've got pink silicon spatulas- that may not be true, but that's how I'm picturing it in my head.  I bet you made that maintenance guy's day!

LMAO! I seriously have tears coming out of my eyes. My apron is pink and black and ruffly. And yes my spatula is PINK! Bright neon pink. 

Sweet!  The confirmation makes the mental image that much more entertaining!  Sorry to be deriving so much pleasure from your embarassment, but I completely imagine you as an outgoing, fun-loving, frilly-apron wearing, pink spatula weilding girly girl.  It's comforting to think that your internet personality really reflects your true colors! 

• If it makes you feel any better, I was just reading this to my H (b/c I figured he was wondering why I was laughing) and I told him that this sounds like something I would do.  His response:  Uh huh!

LOL @ Janelle. Could you imagine if that was the scenerio?!?!

• OMG!! I'm laughing so hard i have tears lol. Thats so embarrasing, and totally something that would happen to me. Atleast he didnt say anything and just smiled. Just drink more beer and you'll forget all about it, or atleast find it as hilarious as the rest of us do lol.
    [IMG]http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc279/babygirl12782/DSC05314-1.jpg[/IMG]
  • Man I am glad you girls are all LOL'ing at thing bc I was thinking...maybe she thinks im a biatch for laughing and not being more sympathetic! haha. And I bet that guy was so excited to see that show, you are going to be having your maintenance problems taken care of SO FAST!! haha.
  • It is definitely still embarrassing but I was luckily blessed with a family who taught me to laugh at yourself. So no worries, I am laughing right along with the rest of you ;-)

• I am sure your H will be getting a huge laugh out of it when he gets home too.  Stick out tongue
  • did you offer the maintenance guy one of your kick-arse strawberries? Stick out tongue
  • Hillarious! Thank you so much for sharing this story with us!
  • that is super funny1 lol

I love my crazy child!

My Bio

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker college mom
  • LMAO That's awesome!!!
  • This made me laugh out loud. Awesome. Just awesome.

I could totally see a scene like this in the next Jennifer Aniston or Kate Hudson movie.

• LOL, that is hilarious! I could totally see that happening to me.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Love it!

I totally would have gotten caught doing the same thing (but to probably a different soundtrack!)