West Coast Florida Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

where can I get a blanket made?

someone gave me th eidea of making a blanket out of Max's baby clothes and I want to look into it, but where woudl I go to find someone who makes blankets?
image image
Max 4-08-08 and Michael 2-03-91 (19 years olds)
image Both boys were born w/ hirschsprung's disease, you find yourself facing this dx, please feel free to ask me any questions.

Re: where can I get a blanket made?

• I know there are organizations out there that make blankets, bears, etc. out of clothes from loved ones people have lost to cancer and such.  As for a keepsake for baby clothes, I am not sure.  I am SURE there are places out there though.
  • Hmmm... maybe check on Etsy? Or look on craigslist?

For my graduation from grad school my dad and stepmom had a bunch of my running T-shirts made into a quilt. But we just used a friend of theirs who knows how to sew/quilt/make magic out of T-shirts.?

• I looked at craigslist last night and there was someone who posted blanket making services out of the kids old clothes.  http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/bab/1296537099.html 

Is this what you are looking for?  My other thought was etsy like pp said.

• Maybe you can con Clp into making you one after she is done with her sons quilts!! 
  • image mrsfireman19:
    Maybe you can con Clp into making you one after she is done with her sons quilts!! 

Ha ha I love a good con!

I emailed the CL lady, however I think I am wanting something w/ lil more than what she does. I'll have to try the Etsy I have never done anything w/ that place. I'll have to check it out.

Thank you ladies so much so giving me a start!  

image image
    Max 4-08-08 and Michael 2-03-91 (19 years olds)
    image Both boys were born w/ hirschsprung's disease, you find yourself facing this dx, please feel free to ask me any questions.