Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Need recs, just finished My Sister's Keeper

I'm a huge chick lit fan and listen to audio books in the car on my way to/from work and school.  Unfortunately, I won't have time to actually sit down and read again until May.  I'm getting to the point where I'm running out of audiobooks to listen to.  I've read/listened to all the Jane Green, Sophie Kinsella, Lauren Weisberger, Emily Giffin books...etc.  I've also read the Twilight series.

I just finished My Sister's Keeper and really enjoyed it.  Any recommendations for me?  Maybe more Jodi Piccoult?  Which ones are good?  Anything else?

TIA

Re: Need recs, just finished My Sister's Keeper

• Jodi Picoult's books are all really good.  I liked several.

How about some Jen Lancaster?

*~*~Christina~*~*
    Wed to M on 11.05.05
    A, born July 30, 2007
    E, born April 20, 2010
  • I have all the Jen Lancaster books, but won't be able to read them till May when school is over.  I just wish they were available on audiobook.  I'll check out Jodi's books on BN.com.  Any favorites?
  • I really liked Salem's Lot by Jodi Picoult.

Have you read the Stephanie Plum books by Janet Evanovich? There is a series with 15 books so far. (Plus a few "between the numbers")

I also liked The Cat Who series by Lilian Jackson Braun. I'm not sure if they are in audio though. 

• i think you mean Salem Falls, Stephen King wrote Salem's Lot 

• I am on a marathon of Jodi Picoult books. My Favorites have been "The Pact" and "nineteen minutes". I listened to her "Change of Heart" on audio and I don't rec. that one.
  • I've been on a Jodi Picoult kick lately too.  I really like The Pact and Plain Truth.   HTH!
    Pregnant with twins! :-) BabyFruit Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest my read shelf:
    Meghan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Good in Bed by Jennifer Weiner

Best Friends Forever by Jennifer Weiner

Little Earthquakes by jennifer Weiner

Janet Evanovich series- One for the Money is the first

Bitter is the New Black and rest of Jen Lancaster

Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah

Summer Sister's by Judy Bloom

All we Ever Wanted Was Everything

• I just finished listening to The Help and it was amazing!!  Nineteen Minutes was really good, too.
    lovelylittleworld
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP#2 1/12/12 ~ Missed M/C 8w2d
  • Well my favorite by Jodi Picoult is My Sister's Keeper but I also liked Plain Truth and Nineteen Minutes. Um, how about Nicholas Sparks books on tape?
  • I really liked the Pact, Vanishing Acts, and Perfect Match

Cinnabun and Junebug say, "Go Wildcats!"

• Have you read any Marian Keyes?  You'd probably enjoy her stuff as well, and most of it is available on audio.
    TTC since 2/09
    Dx: DOR, Right UU, fibroid (removed)
    IUI #1-4: bfn; IVF #1 September 2011=bffn
    my read shelf:
    Lianne's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Nineteen Minutes

The Pact

Keeping Faith-- all by JP

Driftwood Summer

I also agree with pp that the Stephanie Plum audiobooks by Janet Evanovich would be great! The first one is One For the Money.

• I like JP a lot, and I agree with PP: Nineteen Minutes and The Pact were the best of her other ones. I didn't much care for Mercy, and The Tenth Circle was only OK.

Marian Keyes is a great suggestion! Watermelon is wonderful on audio. 

[IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/34pclz7.png[/IMG]
  • Thanks, ladies - great suggestions!  I have read a lot of Marian Keyes as well...love the Walsh sisters.  I just requested The Pact & Vanishing Acts from the library.  I really want 19 minutes too...but for some reason each copy says it's checked out till 2011.