West Coast Florida Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Nestie Angels?

Has anyone heard of this or do this on anouther board? They are starting one up on my Sept 08 board and I think it's a cute idea!

I love my crazy child!

My Bio

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker college mom

Re: Nestie Angels?

• What is it?
  • Yeah, I think they do it on the GP board...

Isn't it like Secret Santa? You "draw" a Nestie's name and send her a little something every now and then. And I think there's an organizer who randomly selects who gets whom.

• The one we are starting I think they are just doing cards. We are organizing it through the elfster site. You just send them things in the mail every now and then. For example a birthday or holiday card or if they are sick you can send them a get well card or just a card to say hello.

I love my crazy child!

My Bio

• Oh that's cute!
  • I wonder though if its not just a one time thing, if ppl would stick with it. What if down the line, your nestie angel quits nesting before you ever get anything.

(I realize I kind of seem a pesimistic here...)

• image tashaandsage:

I wonder though if its not just a one time thing, if ppl would stick with it. What if down the line, your nestie angel quits nesting before you ever get anything.

(I realize I kind of seem a pesimistic here...)

We did a secret santa on that board for Christmas and the person I got stoped posting right after she signed up. I sent her the ornament but she never even came back to post a thank you but I knew she was posting on the nest on her local board like every day.

But so far everyone that has signed up posts all the time. And I think we are sending a card once we draw names so everyone should at least get one card.

I love my crazy child!

My Bio

• I think it is a great idea. I would be in! I love the secret santa.
  • image Aidens__mommy:

We did a secret santa on that board for Christmas and the person I got stoped posting right after she signed up. I sent her the ornament but she never even came back to post a thank you but I knew she was posting on the nest on her local board like every day.

That's so annoying! Who was that?

• Awwww that wounds like a cute idea :)
  • image lauren9317:
    image Aidens__mommy:

That's so annoying! Who was that?

It was someone on my Sept board. I spent so much time trying to find something she would like b/c I didn't know much about her. It kinda made me upset!

I love my crazy child!

My Bio

• Oh oops, I was thinking you were talking about the ornament exchange that we did on this board. (or was it our local knot board? whatever) Gotcha! I would have been upset too :(
  • Liz,

I am pretty sure you sent me an ornament for the secret santa...and I really really loved it. I remember coming on and thanking you and telling everyone all about it, but I never posted a picture because I am awful about that stuff, but it was a cinderella shoe and it was sooo perfect. I am sorry if your september board partner wasn't appreciative but I hope you know I loved my ornament and it is sitting in my kitchen for all to see! :)