Entertaining Ideas
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

baby shower budget

For those who have hosted, curious what your budget was (total? per person?).

I am hosting with three other people, so expenses can be split up to four ways. We have two hosts at opposite ends of the spending spectrum. One suggestion was to set a per person budget and then anyone who wants to go over does so at her expense.

TIA!!!

Re: baby shower budget

• I should add that this is actually going to be two parties. A morning (ladies-only) shower and an evening BBQ/co-ed bash. There were 42 unique addreses for invitations (so adding in couples, could be around 60-70 individuals invited, though we don't expect that near that many to show).

• I think one good way of developing a budget is to come up with three plans - budget, middle and luxe.  Lay out what you'd get with each - food, decorations, invites, etc.  Then yall vote.  It may not take as much per person as you're planning or it may take more.
  • SA7206SA7206 member
    Eighth Anniversary 10000 Comments Combo Breaker

image TarHeels&Rebels:
    I think one good way of developing a budget is to come up with three plans - budget, middle and luxe.  Lay out what you'd get with each - food, decorations, invites, etc.  Then yall vote.  It may not take as much per person as you're planning or it may take more.

This is a great idea.

To answer the OP's question, I have only hosted one shower thus far. I put it on with my friend's 4 sisters and her college roommate.

The sisters each contributed $275 (that's what they could afford) and her college roommate and I put in about $350 (I may have put in a little more, but I didn't keep track because I had picked up a few things here and there over a long period of time).

• image TarHeels&Rebels:
    I think one good way of developing a budget is to come up with three plans - budget, middle and luxe.  Lay out what you'd get with each - food, decorations, invites, etc.  Then yall vote.  It may not take as much per person as you're planning or it may take more.

This. Decide what you would like to have- and see what you can get it for price wise.

• I have never hosted a baby shower before, but when I throw holiday parties, my budget is about $500 for 40-50 people (mainly for finger food, alcohol, plates, utensils, some decorations). I make my own invite from the material I already have, so this is in the budget. I think if you do a lot of it yourself, your money will go further (make your own cake, cut up your own cheese and veggies, etc). GL!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicMy food blog: Blissfully Delicious BabyFruit Ticker