Oklahoma Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Furniture Help

Hello ladies!  I thought I would check with you guys to see if you knew of a great place to purchase some unfinished chairs. 

Our dining room table is being refinished and I wanted to purchase some new chairs to go along with it.  Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Furniture Help

• I don't have any advice for you, but I was curious as to where you were getting your table refinished. I have a bedroom set that REALLY needs to be stripped and re-stained, and I've been looking for a place with reasonable prices to take it. I also have a crib that needs refinishing that I will need to use this Feb!

Here's an idea - would the refinishers know where to get chairs? I imagine they would be a good resource for ideas.

• I can't help you either!  I am so sorry my FIL is doing it for us.  The table is my parents old table and it takes three guys to carry it, yes it is extra heavy and HUGE!!!  I tried getting estimates from different companies and it was going to cost over $1000 to have it re-done.  Thankfully FIL offered, I trust him seeing as how he has redone all of their wood floors and trim in their own house plus another one he used to own. 

I wish I could suggest someone that was reasonable.   Sorry, GL!

• Haha, thanks anyway. I thought about doing it myself, but then I got pregnant and thought all those chemicals are probably not good to expose myself to right now. But that's great you know someone personally - he'll probably do a better job!

GL finding chairs!

• The board or my computer was not working correctly so I am just now able to post.  There is a place called Bear Furniture.  It is off 16th and Meridian.  I know they sell bare furniture but thats all I know.  Sorry, I hope this helps.
    [IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/2cz1p2b.jpg[/IMG]
    DannyandAllison's Bio