Entertaining Ideas
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Wine, cheese & fondue party menu

I'm hosting a wine, cheese and fondue party with a total of 8 people (including myself) this week. I'm trying to figure out how to have a good variety of offerings without going overboard.

I'm planning on having cheese and chocolate fondues in addition to regular cheese for pairing with wine and fruits. Does anyone have suggestions of menus that have worked well? Thanks!

Re: Wine, cheese & fondue party menu

• For the wine and cheese part of it...I recently attending a wine tasting bridal shower and the maid of honor went on redenvelope.com and got a wine tasting kit. In the kit it explained the type of wine to get for the particular tasting and then the cheeses that are paired with it. Maybe you can just get that chart somewhere on the internet and keep your offerings plentiful but not overboard. The cheese redenvelope suggested tasted great coupled with the wines. Good luck!
  • I host/teach about wine and food pairing each month.

Have you decided what wines/cheeses and chocoaltes you'll be serving?

I think the addition of fondues to your tasting may be too much for 8 people.

For menus/pairings, you can check out my blog:

• Thanks for the advice! I do think I'm going to skip the cheese fondue. The get together is going to be pretty low-key and no one coming is well versed on wine and cheese pairings, so I don't think anyone will be offended if I don't pair the correct things together.

So far I'm planning on having mild cheddar, brie, gouda, gruyere, and provolone. For wine there will be at least a riesling, chardonnay, and pinot grigio. Others are planning on bringing additional wine and cheese, so it will probably a bit of a jumble. I think the chocolate fondue will just be a milk chocolate base with marshmallows melted in and some standard fruit/cake dippers.