January 2009 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Speaking of kids...

Erin just mentioned the subject so I thought I would ask....

now that we are all married hags :) lol...anyone ready to start trying for kiddos or already started?

It seems like on my local so many new brides are trying so I am just curious.

DH told me the other day that I should get off the BC and we will see what happens. I told him thatI don't think I'm quite ready for that yet. I've heard of soo many people getting pg right when they stop the pill. Maybe in a year or so we will try.

So many people have told me to wait and enjoy each other and being married for a while. We have been together for 6 yrs pre-wedding but I guess we will listen. lol

What about you girls?

Re: Speaking of kids...

• I have a year of schooling left so we will definately wait at least that long but probably more like 3-5 years.
  • Na uh. We already have an almost 4 year old daughter. We're on the fence about having any other children as of right now. It's so annoying when people ask the dreaded "So when are you two having another?" I usually just respond that I'm not done with the one I have so I'm not ready for seconds.
  • nice to see that I am not abnormal for wanting to wait a while. lol
  • We are waiting till December for me to go off the pill. We already have a cat and a dog and I think that's all I can handle for the moment. Plus we are still trying to pay off the wedding (hopefully will be done in December).
  • Just found out today!!!  I dont think that it has hit us yet though.  I go to the dr next friday.  Went online and estimate due date will be the begining of feb. 
  • No way.  Some days we think it's a possibility, then others we think HELL NO.  Until, there are more yes days than no days, we will not be having any.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • image ErinClaire:
    Just found out today!!!  I dont think that it has hit us yet though.  I go to the dr next friday.  Went online and estimate due date will be the begining of feb. 

PS.  COngrats!

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • image ErinClaire:
    Just found out today!!!  I dont think that it has hit us yet though.  I go to the dr next friday.  Went online and estimate due date will be the begining of feb. 
    Congratulations!
  • I was one of those who thought it would take a while after getting of BC and I got pregnant the next month with twins!! We are over the moon and very excited..We just bought our first house and I can't wait to make it our home..My due date is late December..So I started the year getting married and ended up going to have a couple of kids!! 2009 has been great!
  • OMG. Twins! Congrats!!!
  • image Mari0221:
    I was one of those who thought it would take a while after getting of BC and I got pregnant the next month with twins!! We are over the moon and very excited..We just bought our first house and I can't wait to make it our home..My due date is late December..So I started the year getting married and ended up going to have a couple of kids!! 2009 has been great!
    Holy crap! Congratulations!!
  • Thank you ladies!! It was a totally shocker!! We have no twins on either side and from what the doctor told me they are IDENTICAL! GL to all of you when you decide!
  • congratulations ladies...getting pregnant is exciting! We havent started yet, we really want to go on our big honeymoon next year so no babies for awhile...we plan to start making babies next april on our honeymoon:-)
    [IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/35cev4m.jpg[/IMG]
  • Congrats to you ladies who are pregnant!
  • Identical! That is too cool :)
  • Wow, Congrats Erin & Mari! 

Well, I certainly do hear my biological clock ticking since I turned the big 3-0 a few weeks ago and DH turned 30 in April.  However, it is not gonna be anytime soon!  It was kinda funny recently when the topic finally came up (before we always said "well, when we have kids...") my husband said "We'll talk about it in 3 years."  Ha, so I think I will be ready before he will be in maybe 2 years or so.  We want to enjoy being married for a while, work on paying debts, etc, etc.

• image ErinClaire:
    Just found out today!!!

Congrats!! That's terrific.

• image Mari0221:
    I got pregnant the next month with twins!! ... just bought our first house

Congrats!!