Entertainment
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Who else watches the Duggars?

I feel like a loser for admitting it... but I am strangely intrigued and can't stop watching. Their slight delirious-ness makes me Indifferent for 30 minutes...

Anyway, tonight's show is sadly the most exciting event of today.

Re: Who else watches the Duggars?

• I watch their show every Tuesday... they just fascinate me! Sure, I don't agree with every single little thing they believe, but I think they have done very well for themselves and their family.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary 

Books Read in 2014: 10 
  • I will watch it on demand or online usually. It is interesting.

But I think that someone having that many children just isn't good because they cannot possibly truly know all of their children.

I remember in one of the episodes, Michelle said that she doesn't really know all of them because there are so many and she is always very busy.

imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I never miss that show. I love it. Embarrassed
  • i usually catch the repeats on weekends but I haven't actually seen any of this season.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • image shellmh:
    I watch their show every Tuesday... they just fascinate me! Sure, I don't agree with every single little thing they believe, but I think they have done very well for themselves and their family.

yet again, I totally agree with you Shell!

I am fascinated with this mom's ability to run her household, it gives me hope I could raise one or two, and the fact that they've never been on welfare makes me so happy!

[IMG]http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t144/zonagirlie/miss_my_sailor_by_dividedbyduty-d49rex4.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t144/zonagirlie/1a57a88c-3d91-4c45-9772-cd24992427ed_zpsb5fe636b.jpg[/IMG]

My little miracle.
  • I watch it amazed every so often.  These people are crazy!  But like pp said it gives me hope that I could raise a few and do ok.
    [url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt147797.aspx[/img][/url]
  • I love that family!  I think the parents have done are really amazing job!
  • image zonagirlie:

image shellmh:
    I watch their show every Tuesday... they just fascinate me! Sure, I don't agree with every single little thing they believe, but I think they have done very well for themselves and their family.

yet again, I totally agree with you Shell!

I am fascinated with this mom's ability to run her household, it gives me hope I could raise one or two, and the fact that they've never been on welfare makes me so happy!

Right.. it just fascinates me that they are all such nice kids, and smart and talented. And they all get along too! I also give huge kudos to Michelle and Jim-Bob for being able to raise, feed and home-school all of them without any debt at all!

Anniversary 

• I watch!  Michelle reminds me a lot of my fmil.  Such a sweet disposition. 
  • I AM OBSESSED!  I mean, I don't cancel social plans or anything to stay home and watch the show, but if I'm home, I'll watch it.  And I own the book.  I'm happy it's a girl.  While I don't agree with a lot that they do (I believe in drinking in moderation, dancing, and yes, wearing pants), I think they are genuine and sweet.  Josh and Anna's relationship is refreshing.

Congrats on the girl to them!

• She, on the contrary, has a lot more one on one time with each kids than most moms because she home schools them.  The older ones have individual sit down talks with the parents almost daily.  I agree with how they parent, but call me nuts. 

P.S.  I do, however, believe in public education. DH went to Catholic school and tells horror stories!

• image LenaBallerina586:

I AM OBSESSED!  I mean, I don't cancel social plans or anything to stay home and watch the show, but if I'm home, I'll watch it.  And I own the book.  I'm happy it's a girl.  While I don't agree with a lot that they do (I believe in drinking in moderation, dancing, and yes, wearing pants), I think they are genuine and sweet.  Josh and Anna's relationship is refreshing.

Congrats on the girl to them!

Yea.. there is no way I could ever not wear pants.. I hate skirts! DH hates the episodes where they are doing some sort of physical activity (for example, the honeymoon episode where Anna is para sailing (?) in a skirt. It just looked so uncomfortable and odd).

Anniversary 

• I think they are doing a disservice to those children by homeschooling them. They are not going to know anything but their somewhat radical religious world. Not to mention that every person I have met who was homeschooled was socially awkward and not comfortable to be around. Not to say homeschooling screws ALL kids up, but you miss out on a lot of social learning opportunities by going to a real school. It's sad.
  • Yea, I'm not the only one watches it!!  Yes
    Life is not measured by how many breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away