Minneapolis/St. Paul Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Eeeep! I started C25k!!!!!

Hole. E. Cow. guys.  I ran.  I don't run!  Ever!

I decided to download a C25k podcast today and give it a whirl!  I am *NOT* a runner (yet!) but it wasn't too bad!!  I ran on the track at the gym so while it wasn't outside I felt like I was going somewhere vs. running in place on a treadmill.  I downloaded the Robert Ullrey podcast and it was really helpful!

Click here for podcast.

If anyone else is starting this week we can be C25k buddies!  Anybody?  Bueller?

[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/ao51eb.jpg[/IMG]

Re: Eeeep! I started C25k!!!!!

• Hooray!  I started last week so today was W2D1.
  • I keep meaning to start it and never get the time - or my shins start hurting too much (not cool).  Good luck!
  • I started last week as well, yesterday I did Week 2 day 1...I am actually doing what you're not supposed to do and I am doing it all 4 days this week.  It has kept my attention so far.  I downloaded the podcast from that blog www.kissmyblackass.org.  I think that's it.  Anyway it's hip hop music, which isn't my favorite but it does help my energy level and keep me going.  Yesterday was the 90 second runs with 2 minute walks and that seemed okay for me.  I really hope I can keep up with it!!!!!  Good luck to you too!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I really need to jump on the band wagon...thanks for the link, kiz!
  • I think there is a daily check in on H&F.

Haven't done the program but it seems to convert a lot of non-runners into runners.  Good luck!

my blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Boy/girl twins born at 37w1d and 37w2d

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I don't know that I'll ever actually run a real 5k, but I want to have a bit more stamina than I have now!!  :-)  My goal is to run at least one mile without wanting to fall over and die, hah.

Brifox-- you should totally start it up with me!!  :-)

• I plan to start this after BabyEng is born-- thanks for the links! :)
  • Thank for the link.  I keep thinking about starting this, but haven't taken that step yet. 

Good for you for getting started.

• I love running. I kinda fell off the bandwagon when we moved so I have to get back into it. The C25k is fabulous for starting (and re-starting like me)! That's awesome! Good for you!
    image Oops, I got into Dad's hair goop. At least I gotta mohawk! My Blog Updated: March 2012 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congrats, that's awesome! I'm trying really hard to get past the 5k, gearing up for my relay race in August. You gave me a good idea though - maybe I'll search out a podcast.  Good luck and post updates when you can!
    BFP #1, 12/22/09 - DD#1 born 9/2010
    BFP #2, 12/12/11, m/c 12/25/11
    BFP #3, 3/09/12, CP 3/10/12
    BFP #4, 7/22/12, EDD 4/3/12. Stick with us, little one!
    Great a/s on 11/16/12 - It's a girl!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I just ran my 5k this past weekend! I only got through week 8 on C25K and I was struggling at the end of those. I did my 5k in 37 minutes (just a few seconds faster than the last one I ran). I wasn't able to run the whole thing, so that's my goal for the next one. I'll also pick a course that's not so hilly!

For those of you with an iPhone/iPod touch, there is a c25k app that lets you listen to your own music. I think it was $2.99. It's just a guy that tells you when to warmup/walk/run/cooldown, while you listen to the music on your iPod. It also tells you when you're half way. If you have an iPhone it can post your workout to Facebook when you're done running.

• image MrsKizdoodle:

I don't know that I'll ever actually run a real 5k, but I want to have a bit more stamina than I have now!!  :-)  My goal is to run at least one mile without wanting to fall over and die, hah.

Brifox-- you should totally start it up with me!!  :-)

I'm all for starting up....maybe I'll try tonight.  The only thing is, I'm going to be on vacation next week, and I can't promise I'll have any motivation to exercise. Stick out tongue But, I will commit to starting when I get back!!

• I printed out the guidelines on Monday but have yet to start.  If it doesn't rain tonight, I'll start.  I'm glad you posted this, it's motivating.
  • you've totally peaked my intrigue too... i'm going to have to look into this...
  • I am totally intrigued by a podcast. I train today at the gym with my trainer, but I'm going to download the podcast for tomorrow and check it out.

Good for you though, Kiz.

• Seriously people, if I can do this, A.N.Y.O.N.E. can do this!!!  Big Smile 

p.s.  There are a few different C25k podcasts if you're not a fan of the one I posted.

• image MrsKizdoodle:

Seriously people, if I can do this, A.N.Y.O.N.E. can do this!!!  Big Smile 

p.s.  There are a few different C25k podcasts if you're not a fan of the one I posted.

It's also fairly simple to download the silent one and merge it with your own music using Audacity.  If anyone is interested, I can find the directions I used or just talk you through it.

• image ShootingStarKRB:
    image MrsKizdoodle:

Seriously people, if I can do this, A.N.Y.O.N.E. can do this!!!  Big Smile 

It's also fairly simple to download the silent one and merge it with your own music using Audacity.  If anyone is interested, I can find the directions I used or just talk you through it.

What is audacity?  I'd be interested if it is easy!

• We're starting it tonight!
  • I was suppose to re-start on Monday but once again, learning got in the way.  12.5 hours or real estate continuing education really diminishes a person's motivation to run.  I promise I am starting next week.

• It's also fairly simple to download the silent one and merge it with your own music using Audacity.  If anyone is interested, I can find the directions I used or just talk you through it.

I've been looking for a program to use my own music. I would love it if you could explain how to do it. I have heard of audacity before.