Austin Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

i've got some frozen chic breasts

now what?

something quick and easy

anyone else feel like NOT cooking when it's so hot? but we cant eat out again. must figure out something to do with these frozen chicken breasts...

Re: i've got some frozen chic breasts

• Put them in a plastic bag then place them on your forehead. Ahhh...cool.
  • lol!

don't think hubby would be too impressed with that meal plan...

• If that won't work maybe you can grill them and slice it and put it on a salad. Salad sounds good to me.

• Do you like curry? One of my favorite random things to do with chicken is to make curry chicken salad. Cook the chicken (just in a pan with a little oil or whatever) and then cut it up and mix it with mayo, curry powder (I use yellow curry because it's not spicy) pineapple chunks, and toasted almond slivers. You can put it on lettuce for a salad, or in a roll, or in a pita. 

It's a nice, low heat, thing to eat in the summer. It does require that you like both curry and mayo though and not everyone does. 

• I'm making sour cream chicken tonight.  Quick to prepare, but it takes an hour to bake.  It's yummy, though!

:-)

• I baked some the other night with garlic olive oil then cut them up and threw them in pasta with pesto and broc on the side. Easy + healthy + yummy = :)
  • DH liked it a couple weeks ago when I threw some chicken, chicken broth, lemon juice and rosemary on chixken breasts and cooked it all in the oven awhile...turned out tasty and moist! Throw some veggies in on the side and it's a healthy meal.
  • Chicken taco soup in the crock pot.  I've made it before without even thawing the chicken breasts. 
  • image MrsRosie:
    Chicken taco soup in the crock pot.  I've made it before without even thawing the chicken breasts. 

That sounds perfect to me!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • image MrsRosie:
    Chicken taco soup in the crock pot.  I've made it before without even thawing the chicken breasts. 

This is delicious. I have done without thawing as well.

DX PCOS 2006 - Off BCPs since 1/09 - TTC #1 4 cycles clomid (50, 100, 150, 200) - FAIL, no O Multiple cycles clomid + femara - FAIL, no O 3 injectable cycles - FAIL Ovarian Drilling 6/2010. Several failed cycles follow. 11/2010 - "Hold" on IF treatment.
    10/24/2011 - Surprise BFP; EDD 6/21/12! BOY!

Sweet baby boy born 6/14 9lb 2oz via csection.
  • what's the recipe?