Minneapolis/St. Paul Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Favorite iPhone apps?

I got an iPhone today! Anyone want to recommend their favorite apps? So far I have added Facebook, Tweetdeck, and Urbanspoon.

Re: Favorite iPhone apps?

• DH really likes PocketMoney for finances, USA Today and iheartradio.

My favorites are Pandora, Google, Dial Zero, Book Search, Evernote, Fandango, Kindle, Now Playing, Fuzzyshot, Grocery IQ, Solitaire City, Shazam, The Weather Channel, White Pages, and Units (comes in handy for science classes and cooking!).

I also have some little ones that I have actually used, like Constitution (the entire US Constitution at your fingertips), Betty Crocker Cookbook, FS5 Hockey if you know anyone else who has an iPhone is fun, iThesaurus, Flashlight, Dual Level, Moonlight Lite if you're a mahjong fan, metromix, and Lose It is helpful if you're watching calories or trying to lose weight.

Have fun with it! You'll love it.

If you want to nest, please note that the only way to reply to posts is by hitting the "HTML" button after hitting "Reply." That takes you to a separate screen where you type your post and then hit "Update" before finally hitting "Post."

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Thank you! That's super helpful. I love my new phone...I can't believe I waited this long to get one. So glad I didn't get a Blackberry.
  • my faves are:

Allrecipies

Facebook

Dictionary

Pandora

Livestrong (formerly The Daily Plate)

C25K (the Couch to 5K program w/ audio prompts)

Flixster (movies)

The Weather Channel

Public Radio

Shazam

Solebon (solitare)

for games I really liked Diner Dash and Wordle 

• Shazam, All Recipes, Backgrounds, E News, Weather Channel, Facebook
    [img]http://tinyurl.com/4m5jvsf[/img]

"What you feel only matters to you. It's what you do to the people you say you love, that's what matters. It's the only thing that counts."
  • another way to post is to turn off javascript before going to the nest. It's under settings for safari. I've found that to be the easiest.
    8/2010: missed m/c at 15w2d. baby measured 12w3d.

[img]http://lb1m.lilypie.com/og2fm5.png[/img]
  • Labyrinth!!!!

Click here.

[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/ao51eb.jpg[/IMG]
  • labyrinth is definitely fun.

I think brain challenge is fun at times.  I really like Palringo- you can voice/picture/text anyone with the palringo app using their email address.  You can also send messages to someones MSN/yahoo or any other messenger, and they can view it on their computer.  The best part is it's free, so you don't have to pay for texts!

• image MrsGo4Hockeychick:
    another way to post is to turn off javascript before going to the nest. It's under settings for safari. I've found that to be the easiest.

Really? I haven't heard this tip yet. Thanks for passing it on.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Thanks for the tip about posting.  For a long time I could post no problem, then all the sudden it stopped.

The Weather Channel

Facebook

WunderRadio:  you can listen to almost any radio station in the world!  Pretty cool.  I listen to German radio all the time wtih my DH.

Shutterfly

Brain Challenge - little games to keep your brain active

AllRecipes

Grocery IQ - has my shopping list so I can keep track of it.

Nationwide:  it's the app for car accidents - tells you want info to get and pictures.

But my new favorite is the Kindle application for the phone.  I love it.  I love having a book on there that I can read whenever without having to have the actual book.  We go camping every weekend and I use my phone to read and relax without having to pack books.

• This post makes me so excited to get my IPhone!...
    image Our Happy Family: Hugo, Reese, and Wylie
  • I never added my actual favorite apps, here goes:

I like ICE, it's an app that lists current meds, contacts and conditions for medical professionals should there ever be an accident or something

facebook

shazam

fuel gauge

weatherbug

i can has cheezburger

tweetdeck

asleep (it's a lifesaver when my DD is fussy and we're out...)

tap defense

oregon trail

catch a mouse

2 across

epocrates

kindle

genius (this program allows you to send smileys to other iphone users)

toobz

penguin catapult

8/2010: missed m/c at 15w2d. baby measured 12w3d.

[img]http://lb1m.lilypie.com/og2fm5.png[/img]
  • Cheap Gas

Urbanspoon

C25K

Flood-it

Pandora

i heart radio

Facebook

Sol Free (solitaire)

Toobz

The Weather Channel

Betty Crocker Cookbook

State Farm (insurance app)

• Facebook

Pandora

The Weather Channel

Lose it (it is my calorie counter- I have already lost 11lbs)

ReMovem (It's a game)

The love of my life. Born February 7, 2011

[url="http://dreamingaboutbaby.blogspot.com"]My Blog[/url]
  • Mines have all been said.

Facebook (I like the mobile app better than the actual website!)

Allrecipies

Labrynth

The Weather Channel

Lose It!

Pandora

Iheartradio

...DH likes the MLB app.

Ashley & Christian