Oklahoma Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

WWYD re house

So I found our perfect house today. It isn't perfect in all my wants catergories, but size, price, location it's all there for our 2nd house. BUT I don't have a job yet and we had planned on living with my parents for a little while to save up for new furnishings and what not.

We can afford the house only on H's income, but we can't drop tons of $$ on new furniture all at once like I had orginally planned on doing. I also wanted to use of this time to build up more savings.

But I really really don't want to let this house go and would be super bummed if we didn't get it. I had the light shining down moment when I saw it. This is a place we can raise a few more kids in and stay in at least 5-10 years and build equity (if we even decide to move).

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: WWYD re house

• I think I would get it and just live in it not fully furnished for a while.  But then again, we lived here for over a year without a dining room table and we have been married over 5  years and still haven't gotten bedroom furniture Smile
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Clifton's job is new and your job will be new. I'd build the savings and wait a while. Huh? Easier said than done huh? Quit looking at houses and tempting yourself!! lol.
  • image tavia_martin:
    Clifton's job is new and your job will be new. I'd build the savings and wait a while. Huh? Easier said than done huh? Quit looking at houses and tempting yourself!! lol.

Oh yea, I forgot about his job being new too.  How secure is his job?  I might wait in that case too. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • image ShansBride:

image tavia_martin:
    Clifton's job is new and your job will be new. I'd build the savings and wait a while. Huh? Easier said than done huh? Quit looking at houses and tempting yourself!! lol.

Oh yea, I forgot about his job being new too.  How secure is his job?  I might wait in that case too. 

He will be working for my dad's company, so very secure.

• I say if you can afford it on C's income alone AND you have enough enough in savings in case something goes wrong then go for it.  Furniture can come later.
    [IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/2cz1p2b.jpg[/IMG]
    <a target="_blank" title="http://dannyandallison.shutterfly.com" href="http://dannyandallison.shutterfly.com">DannyandAllison's Bio</a>
  • image cc605:
    image ShansBride:

image tavia_martin:

He will be working for my dad's company, so very secure.

that is what I thought.  then I go back to my first answer.  I would buy the house and wait on the furniture.

• Clifton's job is secure, you will find a job soon enough and things can only go up from here. BUY THE HOUSE!  You know you wanna.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Buy the house...furniture can wait!

I say that because we wanted two houses here this spring, one we waited a whole day too long to put an offer on and someone else got it. The other one we put an offer on, but there was another offer made that same day and they picked them. It's been 3 months and we haven't looked at another house b/c there isn't one in our price range that is as nice as those too....boo! I wish we would have moved faster on them. GL!

• OUKapOUKap member
    Eighth Anniversary

How long have you been looking? We were looking casually for several months. Some of the houses at the beginning we liked, I realize now we would have hated. But this is your second  home so you probably know more what you want.

• image OUKap:

How long have you been looking? We were looking casually for several months. Some of the houses at the beginning we liked, I realize now we would have hated. But this is your second  home so you probably know more what you want.

In person only a month, but I've been looking online for awhile. Yeah beside having the man space of a den, it has everything we want. But it has 4 bedrooms so I'm going to make that the man space/play room.

I'm not rushing out to sign the contract tomorrow, but I'm getting all my ducks in a row (loan, insurance, etc) so we won't have to wait once H gets down here sees it in person.