Minneapolis/St. Paul Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Bare Escentuals users?

My mom got me the starter kit for Christmas and I just recently got around to using it.  I was skeptical about the coverage and nervous to just dive in so I stopped at the store at Southdale for a tutorial.  The woman who helped me was super awesome.  I've been using it a little over a week now and it has already done wonders for my very acne prone skin.  I haven't had any new breakouts!!  With any other makeup as soon as I put it on I swear I could feel my pores clogging and blemishes starting to appear.  :-(  So far I think I'm a fan...

Any people hate it?  For what reason?

Any people love it?  For what reason?

Just curious to see what your experiences have been...

[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/ao51eb.jpg[/IMG]

Re: Bare Escentuals users?

• I have something similar but don't know how to use it.....Embarrassed I'm very make-up illerate.

I am always tempted to stop in for a tutorial and buy some at the MOA but feel werid/lame.

I'm glad you like it! My sister uses it and she always has super nice skin. 

• I haven't used Bare Escentuals, but I tried Everyday Minerals and I hated it.
  • image MsJeshka:

I am always tempted to stop in for a tutorial and buy some at the MOA but feel werid/lame.

If you're ever at Southdale go to the store there and ask for Becky.  She was SUPER awesome.  I ended buying a couple of extra things because she took the time to help me but I already had the starter kit. 

It gets easier/better with some practice.  The 1st time I tried it at home I looked like a crazy super tan clown because I put WAAAAY too much "Warmth" (bronzer) on!!  Oops!  :-)

• I used to use it exclusively.  But the older I get the more oily my skin is.  So the shadows were melting away and the foundation powder was disappearing. 

Until that started I loved the product.  I started using it in 1996 and used it for about 7 years.

• I have been using Bare Minerals for 2 years now.  I have naturally oily skin and its by far the best compared to the liquid foundations I had been using. I was worried about the coverage level too, but it just looks so much more natural on me. 

Yeah, the warmth is powerful!  Ironically, I was just thinking about how long it lasts.  I have had the same container of it from my starter kit from 2 years ago!

my blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Boy/girl twins born at 37w1d and 37w2d

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I've used it for the last couple of years and really like it. Much prefer it to liquid foundation...don't have anymore nasty make-up lines, since the lighting in my bathroom is so terrible. I'm not a huge make-up person, and this seems the most natural looking to me. Glad you like it!  It's expensive but goes a long way.
    BFP #1, 12/22/09 - DD#1 born 9/2010
    BFP #2, 12/12/11, m/c 12/25/11
    BFP #3, 3/09/12, CP 3/10/12
    BFP #4, 7/22/12, EDD 4/3/12. Stick with us, little one!
    Great a/s on 11/16/12 - It's a girl!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • image Breezy8407:

I have been using Bare Minerals for 2 years now.  I have naturally oily skin and its by far the best compared to the liquid foundations I had been using. I was worried about the coverage level too, but it just looks so much more natural on me. 

My face used to be an oil slick by 3:00 in the afternoon.  I used to go through a lot of those face blotting sheets.  But now I still have a tiny bit of oil issues but it's much much less.

My goal is to stop the icky cycle of liquid makeup = clogged pores = blemishes.  So far so good.... knock on wood it continues to get better! :-)

• image MrsKizdoodle:

My face used to be an oil slick by 3:00 in the afternoon.  I used to go through a lot of those face blotting sheets.  But now I still have a tiny bit of oil issues but it's much much less.

Same here. I have combination skin. My forehead gets oily, but my cheeks are very dry.

I've used Bare Escentuals for about 3 years now, I believe.... good stuff. I also had a mishap with the "warmth" too, when I first used it --- glad I finally figured that stuff out. I still need to do better with the "mineral veil" because I look way too shimmery when I put it on. Maybe I just need a better brush.

I know you said you just bought some, but if you wanted more.....

http://www.sephora.com/promo/besample/storeoffer.pdf;jsessionid=KOPIYNK2MUV5UCV0KRRQ5UQ?site=jcp&om_mmc=jcp-email-20090625-xpress-bematteprint&_requestid=33224

That's an offer for a free sample. Maybe you can try out a differerent shade? Or just go in and pretend you're a new Bare Escentuals customer :)

I primarily use BE in the summer. I do have the kind of skin that needs more coverage, and so if it's special occasion or winter, I still use a regular foundation sometimes, or a little tinted moisturizer under the BE.

• When I actually wear foundation, I use bare escentuals and it's great.  I rarely wear foundation, just eye makeup most days.  I hate wearing regular foundation or powder.  And even when I do wear the BE I don't wear everything because that seems like alot of makeup and I really don't need it all. 
    my read shelf:
    Erika's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Oct Angel Babies Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image tevagirl:
    When I actually wear foundation, I use bare escentuals and it's great.  I rarely wear foundation, just eye makeup most days.  I hate wearing regular foundation or powder.  And even when I do wear the BE I don't wear everything because that seems like alot of makeup and I really don't need it all. 

I hope to get to this place soon.  Right now I need more coverage due to some acne scarring.

Thanks for the link Heidi! 

• image MrsKizdoodle:

Thanks for the link Heidi! 

No problem-o!

• I use it too, and like it okay. I feel like it doesn't cover as much as liquid or cream foundation, but it's better for my skin and it's super super fast to put on.
  • I?m totally makeup illiterate, but I do like bare escentuals.  I like that the powder goes on evenly and doesn?t look icky or caked on.  Most days I don?t wear any makeup, but it?s convenient and quick if my face is looking patchy and uneven.

I have 4 eye shadow colors, but they are all so pale once I apply them.  I try to cake more and more on but I can never tell that I?m actually wearing eye shadow.  This is the only product I don't care for..