Minneapolis/St. Paul Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Damn all of you, posting pro pics..

Fueling my pro-photography addiction, damn you all! 

Quit posting cute photos of babies and families and pets.  Quit posting about new photographers that I had never heard of/seen before.

My list of "must use" photographers is seriously about 20 deep.  I can't afford this...

ETA:  tone = sarcasm.  I really do enjoy the pictures...

jack | born 9.13.12 at 40w4d | 9 lbs 12 oz | 23 in
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
image image
my puppy loves - chloe & jenson
pregnancy blog | chart

Re: Damn all of you, posting pro pics..

• Man, I agree! I see all the maternity pics and get mad that I didn't do it because I love them so much. I see professional baby portraits and get jealous. We had Olivia's done, but just at Babies R Us. They were OK, but not as good as the ones I see on here! I wish I had lots of money and lots of reasons to get pictures taken...I'm with you! What I really wish is that I had an eye for photography, I think it's such a great and highly useful skill!
    Ashley & Christian
  • I'm with you.  I'm getting a little jealous of these pro pics and life milestones.  Maybe someday soon I can convince H to do a family session with a photog since we didn't do engagement photos. 

I do love looking at everyone's pictures though.  I just wish I had some to share as well.

• I love looking at all of them!!! 

It's interesting, though, how many random people I've recognized through photographer's blogs/portfolios.

• I hear ya!  I have about 10 favorite photographers now and have no reason to get pictures done.  My sister-in-law said the price she paid for the photos a few posts down cost less than Babies R Us, must be a fairly new photographer?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • All this does is reinforce my plan to somehow get Hanna over to photograph Josie and me! I'm thinking this fall when I get back to working just one job.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • It must be catching...I have a list also.  And a list of pictures I want taken and where....
  • image MrsAshley16:
    Man, I agree! I see all the maternity pics and get mad that I didn't do it because I love them so much. I see professional baby portraits and get jealous. We had Olivia's done, but just at Babies R Us. They were OK, but not as good as the ones I see on here! I wish I had lots of money and lots of reasons to get pictures taken...I'm with you! What I really wish is that I had an eye for photography, I think it's such a great and highly useful skill!
    It can be really inexpensive to use a pro! A lot of people offer an hour session for anywhere between $100 and $150, and then you get all the rights to print the photos - so you can order what you want (instead of stupid packages). We're big fans of www.mpix.com to print photos. They will even die cut wallets so they are rounded cornered. When we use our great photographers (thanks again for the rec Anita), we have ended up with anywhere between 80 and 140ish photos. It is great because in an hour my 2 (almost 3 year old) opens up and we get great shots. In the 15 minutes at a BRU/Sears type place we would never get that.
  • I second the Mpix.com rec - we used that site for our christmas cards and a bunch of wedding pictures and loved it!

(you are so welcome, I'm glad that Andi and Erin have worked out well for you...  I adore them!)

jack | born 9.13.12 at 40w4d | 9 lbs 12 oz | 23 in
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    image image
    my puppy loves - chloe & jenson
    pregnancy blog | chart
  • image JosiePosy:
    All this does is reinforce my plan to somehow get Hanna over to photograph Josie and me! I'm thinking this fall when I get back to working just one job.

I'm ready when you are!

Posted a few from MrsWarner2006's family/baby session a few days ago:

http://www.johannapricephoto.com/?p=138