Oklahoma Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

do you alphabetize your spices?

the annoying things post got me thinking.  I don't like when other people cook in my kitchen mostly because they don't put my spices back in order.  I like them in alphabetical order because they are easier to find that way.  DH thinks its crazy and most people who see them think it is crazy too.  I think it makes sense.[Poll]
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: do you alphabetize your spices?

• No b/c things I use daily like garlic powder and tony's chacheres would be in front of something like almond extract or chili powder.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I don't really think that alphabetizing spices is crazy...I just don't have the patience to do it. But I do know where everything is and can reach and go. It's organized chaos.
    [url=http://charmedkindoflife.blogspot.com/].:.Charmed Kind of Life [2.17.13].:.[/url]
  • OUKapOUKap member
    Eighth Anniversary
    Yes. I also sort my clothing by fabric, sleeve length, collar, weight, work vs casual, etc.
  • Jenn do you go all 'sleeping with the enemy' on Shannon when he moves your salt and pepper?
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I've got a lazy susan type thing for spices so I just twirl it around until I see what I want. I lack the patience to alphabetize and someone would come right behind me and jack it all up like 2 seconds after I finished it.
    Army Wife Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image cc605:
    Jenn do you go all 'sleeping with the enemy' on Shannon when he moves your salt and pepper?

the salt and pepper, no.  The oregano and basil, absolutley! Smile

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • When I first moved in three years ago my spices were PERFECTION.  My grandma had a hey-day in there and there was nothing out of place.  Now...it's a big cluster%$* of confusion.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I don't only because my spices came on a rack as a wedding present.  If they didn't come on a rack, I would alphabetize them. 
    [IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/2cz1p2b.jpg[/IMG]
    DannyandAllison's Bio
  • I don't because they're in the cupboard above the stove where I cant see anything.  Because H does most of the cooking.  However when I do organize it and the pantry (what little we have), H goes and screws it all up. 
  • My spice rack is organized, but the extra ones in my cupboard...not so much! And it does drive me nuts when trying to find one in the cupboard.
  • I have a little lazy susan thing with way too many spices on it and surrounding it (surprised the thing hasn't collapsed on me), so no they're not alphabetized.

However, once I have more cabinet/drawer space in my kitchen I absolutely will. I want a system like my grandma's: She has these racks that fit inside drawers, and she has three drawers with nothing but spices in them, and all perfectly alphabetized. I want to do that!

Books read in 2012: 49
    my bookshelf!
    Katie (gingerfeathers)'s book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Bloggy
  • image Dannyand Allison:
    I don't only because my spices came on a rack as a wedding present.

Ditto. Big Smile

• image cc605:
    No b/c things I use daily like garlic powder and tony's chacheres would be in front of something like almond extract or chili powder.