Minneapolis/St. Paul Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

What would you do?

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/06/30/jackson.refunds/index.html

People that had tickets to Michael Jackson's concerts in London can either receive a full refund or a commemorative ticket and forfeit the refund.

What would you do? 

Seems kind of ludicrous to me but then I thought what if it were for a musician I really truly love and am a huge fan of???  I might then... 

[center] [IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/2qu7ipz.jpg[/IMG] [/center]

[center] Our 5 year anniversary trip to Peru. [/center]

Re: What would you do?

• If it was someone I was obsessed with, it might be a nice thing to have. I don't know that it would be worth over $100 though! But my Michael Jackson is Garth Brooks - if I had tickets to his last show and they offered something like that, I would likely take the commemorative ticket (depending on our financial situation at the time). (and p.s. - no comments about Garth Brooks - I know, it is so typical, but I have a lot of great memories related to his songs, and I'm one of those typical fans).
  • eh, I probably woudn't - even if I liked the guy.

The concert promoter is just trying to recoup as much $$ as possible by keeping the ticket revenue and giving out cheap "souvenirs". The promoters invested over $20 million already in this concert series and had hoped to get over $100 mil in return but now that he is dead and the cause of death is yet to be determined, it is unclear whether their insurance will cover the $$ already spent.

They are just trying to keep whatever money they can and they are hoping that the sentimental public will buy into their ploy . . . and you can bet that while some may keep whatever tricket their ticket is exchanged for, a LOT of people will just throw them up on eBay and try to make a profit.

• image mikeandmonica:
    If it was someone I was obsessed with, it might be a nice thing to have. I don't know that it would be worth over $100 though! But my Michael Jackson is Garth Brooks - if I had tickets to his last show and they offered something like that, I would likely take the commemorative ticket (depending on our financial situation at the time). (and p.s. - no comments about Garth Brooks - I know, it is so typical, but I have a lot of great memories related to his songs, and I'm one of those typical fans).

I love Garth Brooks too!  Big Smile

Never, never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way."
    - Martin Luther King Jr.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • image SillyStraw:

image mikeandmonica:
    If it was someone I was obsessed with, it might be a nice thing to have. I don't know that it would be worth over $100 though! But my Michael Jackson is Garth Brooks - if I had tickets to his last show and they offered something like that, I would likely take the commemorative ticket (depending on our financial situation at the time). (and p.s. - no comments about Garth Brooks - I know, it is so typical, but I have a lot of great memories related to his songs, and I'm one of those typical fans).

I love Garth Brooks too!  Big Smile

ETA: I forgot to answer the question... I'd probably want my money back. But, it might depend on how bad I needed that extra $100.

Never, never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way."
    - Martin Luther King Jr.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • image razamataz:

The concert promoter is just trying to recoup as much $$ as possible by keeping the ticket revenue and giving out cheap "souvenirs". The promoters invested over $20 million already in this concert series and had hoped to get over $100 mil in return but now that he is dead and the cause of death is yet to be determined, it is unclear whether their insurance will cover the $$ already spent.

They are just trying to keep whatever money they can and they are hoping that the sentimental public will buy into their ploy . . .

Agreed.  It just might work too seeing how much of a frenzy MJ caused all over the world. 

Someone said on the radio that he was insured for 10 concerts but some contract he signed locked him in for 50 concerts.  This person was under the impression he didn't know until after he signed that it was really for 50.  I have a hard time believing his people didn't read all his contracts with a fine tooth comb but you never know.  Sounds like a big mess to me! 

If I had bought a ticket I'd want my money back.  But...I wouldn't have bought a ticket in the first place so it's kind of hard to say :-)

[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/ao51eb.jpg[/IMG]
  • Michael Jackson was a lot of people's Elvis and The Beatles. I'd bet that you'll start to see those tickets up on ebay and that people will pay well for them.
  • image MrsKizdoodle:

Agreed.  It just might work too seeing how much of a frenzy MJ caused all over the world. 

Someone said on the radio that he was insured for 10 concerts but some contract he signed locked him in for 50 concerts.  This person was under the impression he didn't know until after he signed that it was really for 50.  I have a hard time believing his people didn't read all his contracts with a fine tooth comb but you never know.  Sounds like a big mess to me! 

If I had bought a ticket I'd want my money back.  But...I wouldn't have bought a ticket in the first place so it's kind of hard to say :-)

This is what I was going to say! 

The love of my life. Born February 7, 2011

[url="http://dreamingaboutbaby.blogspot.com"]My Blog[/url]
  • Part of me would want to hold onto it. But I agree a lot of those will end up on ebay. Some idiot was trying sell Moonwalker DVDs for 10k and 15k earlier this week. I doubt people will pay that much, but the ones for $80 were still being bid on.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers