Entertaining Ideas
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

need a yummy breakfast casserole

I'm looking for recommendations for a breakfast casserole for 8-10 people. I've found a recipe from Paula Deen and one from Cooks Illustrated. Post your favorite!

Re: need a yummy breakfast casserole

• Do you have a crock pot? I made a yummy breakfast casserole in hte crock once - here's teh recipe.. INGREDIENTS: 1 lb. frozen tater tots 1/2 lb. diced Canadian bacon (or you could use ham) 1 onion, chopped 1 green bell pepper, chopped 1-1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese 6 eggs 1/2 cup whole milk 2 Tbsp. flour salt and pepper to taste PREP: In 4-5 quart crockpot, layer ingredients in order: one third of the tater tots, bacon, onions, green peppers, and cheeses. Repeat layers two more times, ending with cheeses. In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, and flour and beat with whisk or egg beater until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour mixture over layers in crockpot. Cover crockpot and cook on low for 10-12 hours. 6-8 servings
    ** Calling all Angels...I won't give up if you don't give up...I need a sign to let me know you're here**
    [IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/qqpg9f.jpg[/IMG]
  • This is the one we usually use.  It's pretty simple which makes it appeal to almost everyone.

Sausage Breakfast Casserole

2 pounds bulk sausage
    10 slices bread (crusts removed)
    butter, at room temperature
    2-3 cups grated cheddar cheese
    8 eggs
    1 quart half and half
    2 teaspoons salt
    2 teaspoons dry mustard

Brown sausage and drain on paper towels.

Butter a 9x13 ovenproof baking pan. Spread butter evenly on 6 slices of bread and layer in pan with the buttered side facing down.

Add a layer of sausage, spreading evenly, then add a layer of cheese.

Cover the sausage and cheese layer using 6 buttered slices of bread with the buttered side facing up.

Mix together dry mustard and salt. Combine milk, eggs, mustard and salt.

Pour milk mixture over top of bread and allow to stand overnight in the refrigerator.

The following day, bake at 350?F for 1 hour.

Remove from oven and allow 20 to 30 minutes before cutting into serving sized pieces.

Can be frozen. Leftovers can be reheated in the microwave.

• This one from Allrecipes is AWESOME!
    http://www.qurl.com/vck2w