Entertaining Ideas
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

4th of July Party/No Grill!

Hi! We are having two or three other couples over for the fourth, and we have no grill! I am doing the main course, and I want it to be festive, but when I think of the fourth I think of grilled hot-dogs, burgers, etc. What can I cook indoors that will still be fun?

Re: 4th of July Party/No Grill!

• Buy a George Foreman grill at Walmart and cook the hotdogs that way. It's cheap.

You can also cook ribs in the oven. Delicious. Some people do them outside, but my MIL boils them, then puts them in the oven and they turn out fantastic.

• perfect!!! thank you so much!!
  • You can crock pot ribs too. They also sell grill pans for the stove top.
  • Do pulled pork in the crock pot.  Yum!  And you can also do burgers on the George Foreman Grill.  Make some corn on the cob on the stovetop. 
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My first thought was pulled pork.  Or get a grill pan and grill indoors.

Add some corn on the cob, baked beans, potato salad, and fresh fruit and you've got a great picnic.

• Pampered chef has a Cheeseburger Salad recipe that is really good and a twist on the cheesburger. You can find it on their website.
  • I don't think you need to grill for a 4th of July party, and its kinda nice to do something different and not have someone stuck at a grill making everything during the party. To me the 4th or all summer parties are just about being outside and enjoying the weather and eating summer food.

You could have cold sub sandwiches cut in smallish pieces so people could snack, sides like potato salad, fruit tray/salad, watermelon, etc.

• LOVE all these ideas ... I feel much better now!! Thanks so much everybody!!
  • If you check this again, go to tasteofhome.com and search for BBQ hot dogs. It is in their pot luck or large party section. I just printed this out yesterday. Also, pull up bandito chili dogs and beef barbecue, all three recipes I printed and looking for excuses to make!