Pets
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

NPR: anyone bored and feel like hunting...

...for apple blossom tattoo inspiration pictures?

i want to get a tattoo of apple blossoms on my foot because i'm moving out of michigan in a couple of weeks and i've lived here my whole life...and apple blossoms are the state flower of michigan...but i'm having a hard time finding good inspirational pictures..

i was also thinking about getting the word michigan somehow worked in..like either in cursive or something, but i dont want it to corny...someone suggested to me maybe getting the branch in the shape of an m, but i dunno...

also i'm thinking about getting it kinda up my side...like this but MUCH much smaller (i only wish i had the nerve to get that one)...and more towards the front like above my right hip..i dunno i can't decide!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Visit my blog about my family's experiments in eco-living

Re: NPR: anyone bored and feel like hunting...

• What kind of style were you going for?  I just googled apple blossom drawing and clicked images and here are a few I thought were cute.  The last one is obviously not an apple blossom, but I kind of liked the scrolly designs in it.  Instead of doing the entire word Michigan, what if you did MI instead?  MI would be easy to do scrolly to make it kind of blend in.

And this is an interesting piece of artwork.  It would make for an interesting tattoo, I think.  :)  (it's from this site:  http://www.helenenyborg.com/index.php?id=3476)

• http://www.appleblossom.org/Merchandise/Art-Prints.aspx

They might have some ideas for you.  Some of the artwork is cute.  :)

allposters.com has lots of apple blossom prints too.  Some are OK, others not so much.  ;)

• I have dogwood blossoms on my ankle/lower calf as part of a memorial to my grandmother. ?I took in pictures of the actual flower (and bird-I have a cardinal and her name there as well) and my artist sketched me something from the picture.
  • These are pretty.

• You're not going to get a big old english D like everyone else does?

:)

[IMG]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/literal14/215900_1996193387416_1320921820_32377322_5747387_n.jpg[/IMG]
  • image ali-1411:

You're not going to get a big old english D like everyone else does?

:)

lol not so much Wink

• ahhhhh thank you guys SO much!!! You really helped...i'm going to print a bunch of these off and then bring em with me when i go. i'm just really debating if i want JUST the picture of the flower (i really like the idea of a squiggly like branch with a few blossoms on the top of my foot...or going up my right side, still can't decide on that) or if I want him to write mi or michigan in it...i definitely would be open to "mi" -- maybe i'll have him draw it up both with and without the letters..we'll see.

i'm really loving some of these, thanks guys! i'll keep ya'll updated Smile