West Coast Florida Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Brandon, Riverview or Plant City areas

Hi!  I need to relocate to any of the above areas.  I'm not sure what areas to look for since I'm not from the area.  We have a family and would prefer a nice family neighborhood but are also willing to rent until we find something.  We need to be about 30 min from USF but to the south or east because DH travels to Winter Haven for work a few times a week.  Any suggestions?

I know the area around Brandon mall is crazy with traffic- any way to get around that by living a few miles away?   

Re: Brandon, Riverview or Plant City areas

• I would recommend Riverview.  Its hard to get around Brandon without getting in the crazy traffic.  Plant City isn't bad either.  I lived in PC when I went to USF and it took just about 30 minutes to get there.  If you look in the Riverview areas of Panther Trace, SouthPointe, South Fork, Summerfield you will have just about a 30 min drive to USF and its a straight shot down I-75.  I drive that way everyday to go to work in Temple Terrace (USF area) and its takes me right at 25-35 mins.  We live in South Pointe.  The area around Big Bend and 301 is really growing.  They are in the process of starting a new hospital and shopping area within a few miles.  You may also have some luck in the Apollo Beach area since its just a couple of miles from South Riverview.
  • I'm always talking up Lakeland lol. It is in Polk County, and I used to live RIGHT across from USF and traveled to Lakeland for work until I moved here. It took me about 35 minutes to get home, 40 if i hit some traffic and lites. Never a bad commute tho. Also, Lakeland would be convenient for your hubby to also get to Winter Haven when he needs to.

We are currently looking for property in Lakeland to move to. We are renting from my in laws, and do not think we can afford to buy the house out right from them. So, we have found A LOT of good homes on the market in good areas. Also, taxes in Polk County are less than those in Hillsborough.

We will be renting this home out in the near future, so keep us in mind even if it is just short term!  it is a 3 bed, 2 bath with formal living/dining rooms and an eat in kitchen. All the bedrooms have walk in closets and there is a pool with a child safety fence. it is located on a cul de sac street, and the yard is .30 acres.  the home is 1900 square feet.  Good luck with your search!!!!!!!!!!

• I live in Valrico which is next to brandon...suburbs of brandon i guess you can call it...nice neighborhoods and not as congested as brandon is
  • Hi! I also live in Valrico. We love it here. Like PP said, it is not as congested as Brandon. It takes a little over 30 mins. to get to USF from Valrico. When I go there, I do drive through the Brandon Mall/SR 60/I-75 area. That area is congested, but it doesn't bother me, since I know which lane to be in to get on I-75.
  • We live in Riverview just south of the Brandon mall and we love it.  Also, the Ruskin/Apollo Beach area is a nice up and coming area that is a bit less congested if that's what you are looking for. 
    BabyFruit Ticker