North Florida Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Bird Mobile

This is the bird mobile I made for Baby Pookie's room.  I think it will look even cuter once the walls are painted pink :)

Mungee and Me
How is it that my BABY is going to be 3?

BFP-2/25/11; 8 Wk U/S-3/25/11-No HB, measured 6.5 wks; D&C

Re: Bird Mobile

• Aw!! That came out SO cute!! Much better than what i envisioned in my head!  LOVE it!
  • I love how it turned out!  It's adorable.  
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimage Pregnancy Ticker
  • That's adorable! It's alot better than some others I've seen! Great job! :)
  • Great job!
    Blog

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wsjeLIN/]
    [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wsjeLIN/weight.png[/img]
    [/url]
  • Fantabulous job! Great work! You should sell those on etsy! And I love the wreath incorporated in it too! Soooo adorable!
  • That is too cute!  You did a great job!!!
    Cheese!

[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/sfw21f.jpg[/IMG]
  • I love it!  The different patterns look fabulous together.
  • That turned out beautifully, Jodi!  Was it very labor intensive?  Is it something you could feasibly do on the side?
  • I love it!  I like the wreath...it's nestie.  ;)
  • I love it... and so does DH! I'll be enlisting you in a few years when its time to make one for myself :)
  • image katelaff:
    That turned out beautifully, Jodi!  Was it very labor intensive?  Is it something you could feasibly do on the side?

Thank you!  

I think the most laborious part was figuring out that I needed to trace the bird pattern on the OPPOSITE side of the paper I wanted to use since the pen lines showed once I cut out the bird.  Then just trying to figure out what prints to put on each side of the birds.  I had to drill holes in all of them once the paper/glue had dried and the side the drill went into was smooth, but it ripped the paper on each side of the bird coming through.  Then trying to get the ribbon through the little drill hole.  Okay, so the whole thing was kind of laborious, but I think that had to do with the fact that it was a first attempt.  I don't think it would take as much time to make another one.  

When all was said and done, with the time it took to put together and money spent on supplies, I can totally see why people sell these for $40 and up on etsy!

Mungee and Me

• Exactly. I've often thought of selling bead art or cross stitches online, but honestly, it would have to be so expensive just for the supplies and time. Maybe the paper cranes? lol

I can't wait to see what your mobile looks like up against the pink walls... so GET ON IT :D

• image duncanpowers:

I can't wait to see what your mobile looks like up against the pink walls... so GET ON IT :D

Buying paint is on the "to-do" list for today :)

I am anxious to get that room painted and get the blinds back on the window because it gets so hot in there and right now, it's my maternity clothes dressing room!

Mungee and Me