Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Laundry Success- got bleeding color out of clothes, great tip!

I posted the other day about bleeding colors on laundry. I found this on google and it actually worked. I was thrilled! Here is the link; you have to scroll down to the bottom to read the original.

http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf510219.tip.html 

To sum it up, you boil a large pot of water and just as the water is about to boil, put in about 1/4 cup of bleach. Drop in the clothing item and stir for a few minutes. I got the color out of 2 shirts and a pair of khaki pants. It even worked on my colored clothes!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Laundry Success- got bleeding color out of clothes, great tip!

• The bleach didn't affect the original color of the shirt? 
  • mm&mmmm&mm
    Tenth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    No, it didn't, I was really surprised! I went into thinking that even if it got bleached out, I still wouldn't wear it since it was covered in bluish spots, so I had nothing to lose. I read several of the comments on the link made by people who had done colors, so gave it a shot. It did warn against not using this on fabrics/dyes that were not "colorfast."
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • chuchu40chuchu40
    First Comment
    newb
    edited March 2015
    just be sure to use oxygen-based bleach-NOT CHLORINE BLEACH..unless the clothes you wanna get the dye out of is white which in that case it's ok to use chlorine bleach.  :)
  • chuchu40 said:

just be sure to use oxygen-based bleach-NOT CHLORINE BLEACH..unless the clothes you wanna get the dye out of is white which in that case it's ok to use chlorine bleach.  :)

Pretty sure the OP is long gone....it's been SIX YEARS since that post!  If you want to chat about a topic, feel free to start a new thread rather than bringing up a very old one.