Inland Empire Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Neighborhood kids stuff left in your yard -WWYD?

Kinda long, but here's the situation:

We live in a culdesac with 6 homes. ?The last 3 homes on the street have older kids (10-17yr olds) that play/hang out on the street.

On several occasions, the kids or their friends leave their stuff in our front yard (bikes, skateboards, scooters, etc). ?On one occasion, someone left their bike on our driveway...MH ran that sh!!t over at 4 am when he left for work! Thankfully no damage to the truck, but the bike was pretty tore up! heh!

I'm guessing they don't leave it on the other 2 homes yards b/c they are closer to the main road. I have asked several times that they do not leave their stuff on our front yard, but to no avail. ?

Last time there were 2 skateboards left in our yard, my brother who was visiting, took them home with him. ?Just last week, someone left their bike in the front yard, so MH brought it in & has promised my nephew that he could have it the next time he comes over. ?Today, MH found an almost new Razor Ripstik right by my car & took that into the garage. ?

I am so sick and tired of these kids leaving their stuff on our driveway or yard!! ?I have even said something to their parents, but still they leave their sh!!!t! ?Is it wrong that we are now just taking it in and not giving it back? MH said since it was on our property then yes, it's ok. ?

Oh in my defense - there were 2 boys that came around asking for the skateboards that my brother took, but I didn't know he had taken it until a week after they came around. ?The bike? no one has come looking for it.?

?

Re: Neighborhood kids stuff left in your yard -WWYD?

• Wow. That's some pretty expensive stuff the kids are leaving out in your yard! If you have asked them repeatedly, and spoke with their parents, I don't see a problem with you taking it in if it is left. I am assuming eventually they'll get the picture and not leave their crap around. That's pretty disrespectful.
  • Hang a for sale sign over their crap. I'm sure that will help.

• image mzjackson:

Hang a for sale sign over their crap. I'm sure that will help.

i like this!  dude if it's on your property you can do whatever you want with it!

• image orangeruffles:

On one occasion, someone left their bike on our driveway...MH ran that sh!!t over at 4 am when he left for work!

This made me literally lol.

I LOVE Brandy's idea (as always). I see no problem with what you've been doing. You've given them plenty of warning.

• Brandy, Gwen - Imagine the looks on their faces when we have a yard sale with their stuff! LOL!

Val - I agree.. Very disrespectful. Not just the kids, but the parents as well after we told them how we felt. ?

• Those parents should be ASHAMED of themselves!!!

OMG!!!

What are they teaching their kids?!?!

- It's OK to leave your crap anywhere

- You don't have to be responsible for your stuff

- Money grows on trees

- It doesn't matter what happens to other people, as long as you are happy

WTF?!?!?

I would keep taking ANYTHING that was left on my property. period.

It is considered abandonment/littering to "throw stuff away" ..... no? Huh?

Either way, I wouldn't feel the slightest guilty about taking it..... once when I was in junior high, my mom took my SHOES!!! Because I kept leaving them in the bathroom..... I had to wear sandles and heels for like 3 weeks because that was all I had..... I learned.

I think the parents have NO CLUE that the stuff is going "missing" .... must be... because if my kids stuff was missing it would be the Spanish Inquisition all over again (j/k)

[IMG]http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g290/sharra711/_MG_9583web.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g290/sharra711/312284_10150321901290216_44664480215_8480213_1268178111_n-1.jpg[/IMG]
  • image mzjackson:

Hang a for sale sign over their crap. I'm sure that will help.

Oh yeah! And that's some funny shiet!

[IMG]http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g290/sharra711/_MG_9583web.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g290/sharra711/312284_10150321901290216_44664480215_8480213_1268178111_n-1.jpg[/IMG]