Baltimore Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

ooh, new Knot boards....

...for Annapolis and Northern Maryland, I wonder if we'll get new nest boards as well?

or do we already have them and I've missed it?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: ooh, new Knot boards....

• oh snap!  I don't know how I feel about that... diversity is good, ya know?
  • It seems like there would hardly be anyone on them though. There's only about a handful of us Annapolis gals on here and not many on the Knot.
  • Interesting.  I wonder when the knot is going to change over to this format!
  • Is there an Eastern Shore knot or nest board?
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Daisy - no, just annapolis and northern maryland.  I kind of think it would have been better to have just done an Annapolis/Eastern Shore board as one....is Northern Maryland considered like Bel Air?
  • There's a thread over on TK about how it would have been better to do an Eastern Shore board and a Western MD board, rather than Northern MD. I'm sort of curious how this will divide the boards...MD isn't that big of a state.

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w -- BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w -- BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d -- BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    BabyFruit Ticker

Decorate This
  • I always longed for a Annapolis/Eastern Shore while planning my wedding because I got tired of all the talk about Baltimore Vendors.  I mean I realize they do travel over the bridge, but the closer to Annapolis/Eastern Shore, the better I felt.
    image *Amber & Chuck - October 25, 2008* Anniversary
  • Yeah, I totally don't understand what "Northern Maryland" would be... I mean Baltimore county goes up to the PA line...

I have never heard of "Northern" Maryland.  

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • image SarahKate31:
    There's a thread over on TK about how it would have been better to do an Eastern Shore board and a Western MD board, rather than Northern MD. I'm sort of curious how this will divide the boards...MD isn't that big of a state.

I think that would have been a better route. 

• image MrsAmber:
    I always longed for a Annapolis/Eastern Shore while planning my wedding because I got tired of all the talk about Baltimore Vendors.  I mean I realize they do travel over the bridge, but the closer to Annapolis/Eastern Shore, the better I felt.

Me too! I got so bored on the Knot I came over here early b/c it seemed like no one had the same venue or vendors as me.  

• I agree, an Eastern Shore board or separate boards for the knot make sense because of vendors and recommendations.  I don't think it would really be needed for the nest as it would just make for less posts per board.

Maybe a better name instead of Baltimore would Maryland though since people are spread out. 

My sweet boy
    imageimage
  • They do need some new boards on the Nest.  For example, VA is all one board.  However, the Virginia Beach (Hampton Roads) area is very diff't than Northern VA, and Western VA is diff't too.  It's a big state and needs to be split.  I don't even go over there because it is mostly DC suburb people.

I think Northern MD would be Cecil County, etc.  I agree the one MD board on the Knot was good for everyone since when wedding planning, you often use vendors for anywhere in the state, etc.

• image gracie2762:

image MrsAmber:
    I always longed for a Annapolis/Eastern Shore while planning my wedding because I got tired of all the talk about Baltimore Vendors.  I mean I realize they do travel over the bridge, but the closer to Annapolis/Eastern Shore, the better I felt.

Me too! I got so bored on the Knot I came over here early b/c it seemed like no one had the same venue or vendors as me.  

we Southern Maryland gals were always out in the cold on the knot!  I was an Eastern Shore bride so I can sympathize with not having a lot of help with vendors out there but I feel bad for those getting married in Southern Maryland who really don't get much from the boards.  I've been lurking and posting on occassion on this board. :)  I may be geographically challenged here but I enjoy your company Baltimore! 

• image Policeman's Bride:
    image gracie2762:

image MrsAmber:

we Southern Maryland gals were always out in the cold on the knot!  I was an Eastern Shore bride so I can sympathize with not having a lot of help with vendors out there but I feel bad for those getting married in Southern Maryland who really don't get much from the boards.  I've been lurking and posting on occassion on this board. :)  I may be geographically challenged here but I enjoy your company Baltimore! 

I totally disagree with this, at least when I was planning!  There were TONS of brides on the Bmore knot who were getting married on the Eastern Shore and Southern MD.  Even though I was married in Southern MD I found the Bmore board extremely helpful, and found most of my vendors that way (Judy, Mary, David Orlando, etc.).

I bet there are more Southern MD/Eastern Shore brides on the Bmore knot than you think!

• Gracie ~ I remember trying to help out the Herrington brides as much as possible even after my wedding.  I know there are/were only a few of us, so every little bit of info I could share was worth it IMO.  I can't think of any current Herrington brides on The Knot right now other than Crissy (I can't remember her Knot name, but she's getting married at the end of this month). 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • image pssjadey:

Gracie ~ I remember trying to help out the Herrington brides as much as possible even after my wedding.  I know there are/were only a few of us, so every little bit of info I could share was worth it IMO.  I can't think of any current Herrington brides on The Knot right now other than Crissy (I can't remember her Knot name, but she's getting married at the end of this month). 

Yeah, I talk to Crissy but I don't think she even posts there anymore. There's one other one on the Reception List but I've never seen her post...Your bio was always a big help to me when I was planning!

• hmmm this is interesting!  When we looked for vendors, we looked throughout the entire MD area since many will travel within a certain mileage.  Our photographer was/is based out of Annapolis. 
    ~ Mark & Chrissy ~ June 9, 2007 image
  • image chrissyp18:
    hmmm this is interesting!  When we looked for vendors, we looked throughout the entire MD area since many will travel within a certain mileage.  Our photographer was/is based out of Annapolis. 

Chrissy I agree with this!  I looked at vendors in DC, Annapolis, etc., I definitely didn't limit it to Baltimore-based vendors only. 

• image gracie2762:

image MrsAmber:

Really? No one had the same vendors as you? I got every.single.one of my vendors off TK since I was the first of my friends to get married so obviously people shared the same as me! I'm so thankful for the people I got recs from, we had literally not one issue with any vendor at all, it was so much better then blind picking!I mean, any vendor has to travel unless they're on-site, I'd rather them be closer to me during the planning for meetings and stuff then the day of, just my opinion.

There's a decent amount of people over there now getting married over the bridge, I'd like to think I help them! I know I got plenty of help too. It does seem odd though how they broke up the new boards.