Austin Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Reminder for BIL's Event Saturday

Hope you don't mind me posting a reminder.  Keri reminded me I needed to do this.  Please let me know if you're coming, I'd love to see you there and meet you if I haven't done so already!  I'll be the blond with glasses and wearing a black shirt, black boots and jeans.

Saturday, April 4th, 2009

Benefit Concert/Auction
"Party with a Purpose"

Date: Saturday, April 4, 2009

Time: 4:00pm - 9:30pm

412 Congress Ave. Austin, TX

Alex began having shortness of breath on his 27th birthday (2001) and soon discovered he had cardiac angiosarcoma - better known as heart cancer. At the time, he was the eighth documented patient to be diagnosed with this type of cancer. With surgery and chemo, he beat it. Then, in 2006, the cancer came back, but he was able to beat it once again. He's had three open heart surgeries, the tumors removed twice and his heart rebuilt both times. Unfortunately, Alex's cancer is back and this time is not operable.

Alex is one of the American Cancer Society's 28 survivors in the Hero of Hope class of 2009 - and HE'S OUR HERO TOO!

To show our love and support for Alex, we are having a benefit concert and auction for him. All the proceeds from the event go directly to Alex and his family.  You can read more about Alex and the event at www.alexlaynor.weebly.com.

Cost: Tickets will be $20 pre-pay and $25 at the door. This will include entertainment (there are some awesome bands, including Fatty Monk), food, and drink specials. There will also be a silent auction and a raffle to win two Southwest airline tickets to anywhere Southwest flies.

You can prepay for the event by going to www.paypal.com and sending $20 (or more if you choose) to [email protected] Please provide first and last names of all you are paying for and we will add the names to the pre-paid list. You can also pay for raffle tickets at $10.00 each there.  Please include your name, address and phone number with each ticket purchased.  The drawing will be at the auction.  You do not have to be present to win.

Re: Reminder for BIL's Event Saturday