Baltimore Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Newbie ? - how to PIP?

Okay, how do I include a picture in a post? I searched all over the FAQs, and can't find any help.

Thanks so much!

Re: Newbie ? - how to PIP?

• Get the pictures image location off the website or on a photo hosting site it's the direct link. Now click on the little tree icon above, next to the smile face and paste your url in there. You most likely have to change the size, try and keep it proportional to the default size but in the 300-400 range.  I hope this makes sense, I'm so tired and delirious writing this!
  • Thanks for the help, so do I have to save the file to the nest first?  I can't just upload it from my computer.  I guess I'm not sure what you mean by the "link", sorry to be a pest, thanks for the help!
  • No, you're not a pest at all! You can't just upload it to the Nest, you have to put it on an image sharing site first where you can get the image location. So if you use Snapfish, upload the pic from your pc and then right click it on snapfish, go to properties, and highlight the image location.

After highlighting the image location (the web address to the right of the word "location") come here and click on the tree and paste that location where it says "image url". Then click on the boxes next to "dimensions" and change the size. Lastly, hit insert!

• Oh, gotcha, ugh...that means I need to find all those login passwords for the snapfish.webshots, etc accounts.

Thanks again.

• Haha, yea it's a pain! When you use a picture from a website it's easier, no uploading needed! Let me know if you have any problems, I had to try it in a random post a few times before I could make it work!