Baltimore Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

I saw the movie Twilight last night

I really liked it. I was surprised that dh brought it home for us to watch.

Re: I saw the movie Twilight last night

• Go DH!

Is your SD into it at all?

IMO, the book was much better than the movie, but I think the movies will be improving, since the first was such a commercial success and now it'll be easier for the director/producer to get more money to film.

• I need to rewatch it, but I can't get over the cheesetastic factor of the movie. It was soooo cheesey.
    Awesome that your H brought it home, what did he think of it?
  • Oh yeah my SD has read all the books. She's obsessed. I tried to take her to see the movie with the nestie gtg but her Mom robbed me of that chance. I told her I wanted to take her and she took her instead.

I don't know if I want to read the books now that I have seen the movie. I think I should have read it first.

• yay!  I love the cheese!  As long as you prep for the cheese...

I can't wait to see trailers of the next movie!

~ Mark & Chrissy ~ June 9, 2007 image
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Mary- he liked it.

It was a little cheesy.

• For those who have read the series, I have about 100 pages left in New Moon and I just haven't liked it as much as Twilight. I guess because Edward's not in it that much and I'm not really a fan of Jacob. Anyone else feel this way? Is the next book better?
  • They were showing it at the gym and I saw from the sparkle scene on for 50 min.  It was better than I thought. I may have to get it on Netflix. Only problem is convincing DH to watch it.
  • Gracie, the next books are much better.  Breaking Dawn, the last book, has people pretty evenly split on whether they liked it or not but it's better than New Moon.

DeVa - the books are cheesy too, but I think there's a difference between reading about someone saying something cheesy and hearing them say it out loud in a movie, you know? Haha!  Anyway, I think that the movie didn't do a great job of illustrating the love and the relationship that develops between Edward and Bella.  There are a few scenes in the book that I think were critical to showing how their relationship develops and how strong their feelings are for each other, and the movie didn't quite hit the mark.  But it wasn't bad and I liked the cheesiness of it.  I'm excited for the next movies! 

Maybe you can have SD on opening night for the next movie and take her to see it at midnight or something!

• Yeah I will take her to the next one.

I heard they shot all three movies at once because they didn't want to actors to age.

• image lauraanddave:

Gracie, the next books are much better.  Breaking Dawn, the last book, has people pretty evenly split on whether they liked it or not but it's better than New Moon.

Okay, good! I've already bought the whole series so I'm determined to get through them all.

• Deva- I would still read the books at this point if you have a chance.  They are addicting...and then you'll be prepared to watch the sequels with SD!
  • Aw how nice of H to get the movie for you.

DH saw the movie with me, and he liked it, but it wasn't the best movie ever made you know. 

image, image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Laura - I agree with you 100%...I tried to explain it to DH about how strongly they feel about each other because it doesn't come across in the movie as well.  I still like it tho :)
    Larkin and Bryce
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image gracie2762:
    For those who have read the series, I have about 100 pages left in New Moon and I just haven't liked it as much as Twilight. I guess because Edward's not in it that much and I'm not really a fan of Jacob. Anyone else feel this way? Is the next book better?

the last 100 pages (or so) get better in New Moon!  Though the book as a whole is not nearly as good as Twilight.  sigh...I still need to read the leaked version of Midnight Sun. 

~ Mark & Chrissy ~ June 9, 2007 image
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We finally watched Twilight on Friday.  Because I was watching it with very low expectations, I enjoyed the movie.  Was it Grammy-worthy?  Not at all, but I was expecting it to be much worse. 
    Pregnancy Ticker