Baltimore Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

J.Crew peeps...

So I ordered a couple things on sale yesterday.  I made a resolution to NOT spend money anymore, but I needed some new updated professional-looking items I can wear for some upcoming work conferences, and one of them I can wear for E's baptism as well.

Anyway, I got free shipping, then this morning I see a code for an extra 30% off final sale items.

Do you think, if I call them w/my order number, that because I ordered literally less than 12 hours before this extra 30% sale, they'd honor it for my order?  I might cancel the order and then re-order if not.  30% is a lot.

Re: J.Crew peeps...

• Yes, call them.  They know that it's not too late to cancel the order, so it's in their best interest to help you out!
  • It's worth a try!
    image *Amber & Chuck - October 25, 2008* Anniversary
  • Sweet! It worked.  I expected her to say she'd have to void the free shipping or something but nope! This saves me like $40.
  • That's great! I just got the email too. I really hope I don't find anything on there I like... Surprise
  • Confession:  I've never bought a single item from J.Crew in my life.
    image *Amber & Chuck - October 25, 2008* Anniversary
  • So I guess it wasn't meant to be. I found like 5 things I liked but when I clicked on every single one of them it said they were sold out. I hate their stupid website!
  • Woohoo!!!! I love J.Crew and I've always been impressed with their customer service. Both my sister and I ordered our BM's dresses off of J.Crew's final sale and each time we had a customer service person track down an unlisted size to complete our order.
  • Yeah, I liked their old web site much better.

But I did need some new things for the next conference season and final sale stuff helped out.  I got a pair of flats for $40 and they were originally $120!

• yay that this worked out!  I think they have really good customer service.  The same thing happened to me a few months ago, when it was literally the next morning...it was so easy and the credit showed up within two days I think! 
    ~ Mark & Chrissy ~ June 9, 2007 image
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image lauraanddave:
    Sweet! It worked.  I expected her to say she'd have to void the free shipping or something but nope! This saves me like $40.

That is a great deal

• Yay, that's great.  I'm glad it worked.

I got that email too and I just need to avoid the site now.

My sweet boy
    imageimage
  • I would def.call.  In my opinion, things like that are hurting their sales - b/c I'm an expert ha - but people don't want to buy stuff from there b/c you know its going to go on sale a week later!  I would call, whats the worst thing they're going to say, no?
  • also, thanks laura, I did not realize there was this extra 30% off.......off to jcrew.
  • I just made a purchase, and I owe it all to you, Laura.  I got another pair of the bistro pants (love them!), and another harper cashmere short-sleeved sweater, and another pair of pants and another sweater for less than $150!

• I'm looking too but the site keeps going down for me. 
    My sweet boy
    imageimage
  • omg, I am starting to freak out.  I want those brown flats!!  I neeeeeeeeeed them!!!! stupid stupid stupid jcrew.