Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Holiday Weekend Reading

What did you start, finish, neglect, or make progress on this weekend?  Did anyone have an amazing Thanksgiving experience?  Any big Black Friday scores?

Thanksgiving weekend was nice.  My mom and sister and I saw Mockingjay (I liked it more than the book, honestly) and I got to have brunch with a group of church friends I haven't seen in a while.  My whole family did one of those room escape experiences with a zombie theme that was a lot of fun. Luke got a tv for our living room.  I've insisted on only having one in the basement for years, but finally caved and got one for the living room so we can host movie nights.

Because I had to enjoy the new tv, I didn't read as much as I had thought I would.  I finished Mindy Kaling's new book and FINALLY finished Great Expectations.  I also listened to a lot of How to Start a Fire by Lisa Lutz while driving all over for various family events.
image image image

Re: Holiday Weekend Reading

• I finished All the Light we Cannot See this weekend.  I read it in 2 large chunks since I had to return it to the library.  I think I probably would have like it a bit more if I read it it one swoop.

I made huge progress in The 5th Wave.  It's so interesting and easy to read.

My Thanksgiving(s) were good, but nothing really stood out.  The quote of Thanksgiving at my ILs was "Wes, stop petting the cranberry sauce!"  Apparently he thinks jellied cranberry sauce is worth petting?
    116 books in 2016

my read shelf:
    Lauren (SnShne322)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wes: 10/8/2012

• I made good progress on All the Stars in the Heavens.  

We had some yummy Indian food on Saturday night but that was our major excitement for the weekend.
  • The break was very relaxing and my ILs were almost normal on Thursday so we had a pretty pleasant Thanksgiving.  The weather was terrible so we didn't do a whole lot.  We had a nice dinner with friends on Friday and just had family time the rest of the weekend.  I didn't do any Black Friday shopping.

I read a TON over the long weekend.  I made progress on 'In the Shadow of the Storm' and finished 'The Guest Room', 'The Christmas Vow', 'Degrees of Inequality and 'Since You've Been Gone'.
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• Thanksgiving was good...pretty quiet for us as we just had my dad. I didn't do any Black Friday shopping, deals didn't seem as good online. DH and I may still breakdown and buy a real GPS today if the deals are still going on tonight.

I made a lot of progress on "Missoula". I have to finish it by Wed (when it's due back), but I hope to finish tomorrow. I negelected a lot of other stuff but having some downtime to stick my nose in a book was heaven.
  • I read Troublemaker and really enjoyed it. Now I'm reading Winter. It started slow for me and I had trouble remembering the previous book but now I'm into it.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I neglected everything.  My weekend reading has been non-existant lately, we've been so busy.  Started Ten Tiny Breaths yesterday. 

Thanksgiving was nice, went to my Aunt's house with my Dad.  Didn't get much shopping done, I didn't think they deals were all that great this year.

Jessica, Married to Brian 12/27/03, Mom to Alex 6/27/94, Devin 10/29/04, and Emily 1/15/07