Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Weekend Reading

What did you start, finish, make progress on, or neglect?

Do anything exciting?
image image image

Re: Weekend Reading

• I re-read the first two Arcana Chronicles and inhaled the third one. So fun.
    imageimage

My Badges:
    image imageimageimageimageimage imageimage image image imageimage image image imageimageimageimageimage image image                       

• We did a lot this weekend, so I neglected both my audiobook (dead Wake by Erik Larsson) and my regular book (Burn for Me by Ilona Anderson).

We went to the zoo on Friday, family out for dinner friday night, painted our new cornhole boards on Saturday, had date night with another couple Saturday night and spent all day yesterday at a friends beach house.  So much fun!

Congrats on your new car, @julie37619 !
    julie37619
  • I finished The Next Best Thing by Kristan Higgins.  I also started the latest Kate Daniels, but not too far yet.
    116 books in 2016

my read shelf:
    Lauren (SnShne322)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wes: 10/8/2012

• I finished 'One and Only' by Lauren Sandler and 'A Desperate Fortune' by Susanna Kearsley.  I made progress on 'The Best Man' by Kristan Higgins (and finished it over lunch today).

We had a very relaxing weekend and it was wonderful.  It was nice to not spend the weekend rushing around.
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• I thought I had more time until The Nightingale was due, but I didn't so I had to return it and place another hold on it. 

I got about 100 pages into Summerland by Elin Hilderbrand so far so good. 

Only read a chapter of The Raven Boys, but I will get some read tonight during swim practice. 
  • I finished The Ice Twins (decent) and The Library at Mount Char (best of the year so far).  I made progress on Eeny Meeny, which is, so far, also decent.

And...I got a new (to me) car!!!!!  A 2014 Mazda CX-5!  I'm in love and spent the entire weekend coming up with reasons to drive it places.

Are these the smaller hatchback ones? If so, I think that is what my cousin has. She adores it. 

• RevJenRevJen member
    Ninth Anniversary 25000 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer
    edited August 2015
    They replaced the cx7 in the Mazda line. It's not a full size suv but it's not as small as their new cx3 coming out for 2016.

I know because I have a cx5 too. :)

My favorite Cake Wreck ever.

julie37619
  • I'm about halfway through The King by Tiffany Reisz.

Nothing fun this weekend, we literally did nothing and it was glorious. We have 3 weeks until vacation so the next 3 weeks are packed with activities and getting everything ready.

• I made some pretty good progress on Lair of Dreams (Diviners #2). Thankfully it's not quite as scary as the first one and has some really funny scenes too. 

I had a glorious weekend after getting back to a regular schedule and played with the boys on Saturday and Sunday and had lunch with a bunch of my old sorority sisters on Sunday afternoon. 
    image image
  • RevJen said:
    They replaced the cx7 in the Mazda line. It's not a full size suv but it's not as small as their new cx3 coming out for 2016. I know because I have a cx5 too. :)
    What she said.  I love how deep the trunk space is (not sure what you call trunk space in an suv/hatchback) - I'm pretty sure I'll be able to fit both dogs in if they lay down.  And the bluetooth connection is a thing of beauty.  I've been driving around with my phone in my bra so I could hear audiobooks for ages, so bluetooth is like time travelling to the future.
    image image image
    RevJenCeeCeeSugaPiekelshaws1311
  • RevJen said:
    They replaced the cx7 in the Mazda line. It's not a full size suv but it's not as small as their new cx3 coming out for 2016. I know because I have a cx5 too. :)
    What she said.  I love how deep the trunk space is (not sure what you call trunk space in an suv/hatchback) - I'm pretty sure I'll be able to fit both dogs in if they lay down.  And the bluetooth connection is a thing of beauty.  I've been driving around with my phone in my bra so I could hear audiobooks for ages, so bluetooth is like time travelling to the future.
    Oh, cool! I wish my car had bluetooth. I just have to use the aux port. I'm not in the market for a new vehicle but I'm always eye-balling my cousin's.

• We just got a CX-5 as well!  Love it.  So comfortable and the safety features are pretty great.  It's definitely the fanciest car I have ever had.

I finished The Good Girl over the weekend.  I liked it until the last few pages.  The ending pretty much pissed me off.  Oh well.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    RevJenjulie37619
  • RevJen said:
    I've always called it the "way back."  When I first got a hatchback (I've been driving hatchbacks and SUVs for about 15 years now), I always got such a kick out of the fact that I could toss stuff over my shoulder and have it land in the "trunk."
  • SusieBW said:
    RevJen said:
    I've always called it the "way back."  When I first got a hatchback (I've been driving hatchbacks and SUVs for about 15 years now), I always got such a kick out of the fact that I could toss stuff over my shoulder and have it land in the "trunk."
    I call it the cargo area.

My first car was a hatchback.  I loathed it at the time, but you really can't beat the gas mileage on a 91 Civic hatchback!
    116 books in 2016

my read shelf:
    Lauren (SnShne322)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wes: 10/8/2012

• SusieBW said:
    RevJen said:
    I had a blanket that ended up in the house last week that should have been in my car.  We walked out to my car and DH asked if he wanted me to put it in the "back" (I have a CR-V).  I said "Nope!  I'll just throw it back there." And tossed it from the front seat to the back.  :)
    Books read in 2009: 112
    Books read in 2010: 153
    Books read in 2011: 160
    Books read in 2012: 134
    Books read in 2013: 110
    Books read in 2014: 151
    Books read in 2015: 153
    Books read in 2016: 31

Leah (packfan20)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Lilypie - (Bh7p)

http://lbdf.lilypie.com/1zWJm6.png
    <a href="//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/" style="height: 20px; width: 40px; position: absolute; opacity: 0.85; z-index: 8675309; display: none; cursor: pointer; border: medi
    SusieBW
  • packfan20 said:

SusieBW said:

RevJen said:

They replaced the cx7 in the Mazda line. It's not a full size suv but it's not as small as their new cx3 coming out for 2016.

I know because I have a cx5 too. :)

I had a blanket that ended up in the house last week that should have been in my car.  We walked out to my car and DH asked if he wanted me to put it in the "back" (I have a CR-V).  I said "Nope!  I'll just throw it back there." And tossed it from the front seat to the back.  :)

I call it the trunk. I have the cargo cover on mine.

My favorite Cake Wreck ever.

• abs05 said:

We just got a CX-5 as well!  Love it.  So comfortable and the safety features are pretty great.  It's definitely the fanciest car I have ever had.

I finished The Good Girl over the weekend.  I liked it until the last few pages.  The ending pretty much pissed me off.  Oh well.

That book FILLED me with rage.  It was on my worst of list last year.  I HATED the ending.
    image image image
  • SnShne322 said:
    SusieBW said:
    RevJen said:

My first car was a hatchback.  I loathed it at the time, but you really can't beat the gas mileage on a 91 Civic hatchback!
    I told my boss that I was thrilled to have enough space to put my dogs in the trunk and she was like "...I don't think you should put dogs in a car trunk."  So obviously I've got to figure out something better to call it so people don't think I'm stuffing my danes into a sedan trunk and driving them around.
    image image image
    SusieBW
  • SnShne322 said:
    SusieBW said:
    RevJen said:

I told my boss that I was thrilled to have enough space to put my dogs in the trunk and she was like "...I don't think you should put dogs in a car trunk."  So obviously I've got to figure out something better to call it so people don't think I'm stuffing my danes into a sedan trunk and driving them around.
    I think we need to see pictures of your dogs riding in the back! I bet they look cute.

SusieBW