Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Wacky Wednesday

1) What are three things you thankful for, other than the big ones (family, friends, health)?
2) What book or author are you thankful for?
3) Have you put up holiday decorations yet? If not, when will you? If you don't celebrate this time of year, do you have any other winter traditions?
Vellichor: The strange wistfulness of used bookstores

Re: Wacky Wednesday

• 1) What are three things you thankful for, other than the big ones (family, friends, health)?
    Books, the Internet, Daniel Conn

John Green

3) Have you put up holiday decorations yet? If not, when will you? If you don't celebrate this time of year, do you have any other winter traditions?
    No decorations. This year maybe I'll start a new tradition that is all my own.
    I write sexy books. I read all the books. I love dresses & macarons.

image image image 
    image image image
  • 1) What are three things you thankful for, other than the big ones (family, friends, health)? My steady job that's 10 minutes from home, a kid that loves sleep so that I can love sleep too, my current healthy (if exhausting) pregnancy, yoga pants, yoga, grilled cheese sandwiches
    2) What book or author are you thankful for? JK Rowling and the entire world of Harry Potter.
    3) Have you put up holiday decorations yet? If not, when will you? If you don't celebrate this time of year, do you have any other winter traditions? We're dedicating this weekend to all things festive! Decorating the house, visiting Santa, kid's Christmas party w/ MH's company, hot chocolate and Christmas music! I can't wait!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1) What are three things you thankful for, other than the big ones (family, friends, health)?
    1.  That Pie was invented.
    2.  That heels were invented.
    3.  That alcohol was invented.

Neil Gaiman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3) Have you put up holiday decorations yet? No.  I refuse to mix holidays.  If not, when will you? I will start the day after thanksgiving. If you don't celebrate this time of year, do you have any other winter traditions? 
    90 books in 2015?
  • 1) What are three things you thankful for, other than the big ones (family, friends, health)? My dog, but she's truly family. Also Wine, Coffee, and Books.
    2) What book or author are you thankful for? Charlotte's Web, for kickstarting my love of reading.
    3) Have you put up holiday decorations yet? If not, when will you? If you don't celebrate this time of year, do you have any other winter traditions? No decorations yet. Maybe next week, if I can convince Josh to go get them out of storage. 
    Vellichor: The strange wistfulness of used bookstores
  • 1) What are three things you thankful for, other than the big ones (family, friends, health)? Ditto Booney.

2) What book or author are you thankful for? Do you really have to ask?

3) Have you put up holiday decorations yet? If not, when will you? If you don't celebrate this time of year, do you have any other winter traditions?  Holiday decorations are going up the day after Thanksgiving.  I'm thinking about maybe celebrating the winter solstice this year in addition to Christmas.

75 Books in 2015?

photo OutlanderMafia.jpg  
    It's slippery as waterweed.
  • CTDec03BrideCTDec03Bride member
    Ancient Membership 500 Comments 25 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2014
    1) What are three things you thankful for, other than the big ones (family, friends, health)?
    Alcohol, Books, My dogs

Stephanie Meyers & Twilight....only because I had not read books for years.  I wanted to see what the hype was about and picked it up.  That got me back to my love of reading & books.

Nope nothing is up yet.  Maybe in a week or two. 

Jessica, Married to Brian 12/27/03, Mom to Alex 6/27/94, Devin 10/29/04, and Emily 1/15/07
    Besides my biggest blessings, I'm really thankful for a boss who gives me a lot of freedom and very little micromanagement so I can teach my students in the best ways I know how. Also, for having resources to have food, a warm coat to keep me warm and good books to read.   
    So many, but Laini Taylor and Maggie Stiefvater's Raven Boys series have brought me a lot of joy through every reread. 
    Nope, I'm grinchy about Christmas decorations. Maybe I'll get back into it someday, but for now I can barely keep my house clean, let alone set up an explosion of santas and lights. If we end up staying home for Christmas, we'll probably get a tree and decorate it together, and definitely bake cookies as a family. 
    image image
  • 1) What are three things you thankful for, other than the big ones (family, friends, health)? Our new fish for our tank!  I'm so excited for them.  My cats, but they are family.  Baco.
    2) What book or author are you thankful for? I will never not be thankful for Harry Potter.
    3) Have you put up holiday decorations yet? If not, when will you? If you don't celebrate this time of year, do you have any other winter traditions? No decorations yet!  Our Lego winter village set comes out when everyone goes home on Thanksgiving and I start decorating over the weekend.
    my read shelf:
    Miranda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    “Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"
    "That depends a good deal on where you want to get to."
    "I don't much care where –"
    "Then it doesn't matter which way you go.”
    ― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

My friend and coworker had a clear PET scan yesterday, which means there is NO trace of cancer in her system anymore!!!
    JKR and the magic that is Harry Potter
    Heck no, man!  Respect the bird!!
    Books, coffee, finally being done with school and having a job
    JK Rowling and the entire Harry Potter series
    Nope, but we probably will this weekend. We don't really decorate outside other than a wreath, but our whole house will get a festive makeover :D