May 2012 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

qod 11-19

If you could go back to school or start your career again...what would you do this time around?
"Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly"

Re: qod 11-19

• I have no idea but I can tell you that it wouldn't be what I'm doing right now LOL
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Melissa51212
  • I think I would have done maybe teaching. Or just gotten a business degree. I love my degree BUT not sure I want to use it now even though I would LOVE to I'm just not sure H and I could make the hours work.
  • I wish I went to school for ECHO TECH.  I would be so good relating to patients and them make a ton more money then I do haha
    "Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly"
  • My original plan was to go pre-med... it didn't work out so I am a legal assistant supervising 2 departments... I would stay out of law all together.
  • If I knew I would meet H somewhere else, I would go to a different (less expensive) school and probably have just majored in business. Maybe have gone into accounting or something else where I would be in the for-profit field and making more money!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

imageimage

• I'd be an interior designer....
  • Something inside me would go back and be a doula or have something to do with being apart of the natural birth process. I believe in it so much and wish more women would educate themselves about it. I don't think I could be a midwife cause of the needles and what not. I also think it would be cool to be an ultrasound tech and see babies and see the excitement on parents faces when they see their baby

Baby Foster Due March 12, 2014 It's a BOY!

BabyFetus Ticker image

Engaged 12-12-10 Married 5-12-12 Baby 3-12-14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Call Me Mrs.Foster Blog

• I love my job and am very happy with it!!  If I were to do anything different I think it would be cool to be a teacher to get summers off, though I might be happier doing what I do now.
    [url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3d6f8d] My Ovulation Chart[/url]
  • If I did school over I would become a marine biologist...I really love dolphins, whales, seals, etc. and would love to work with those animals.  
  • mandi921vhmandi921vh member
    Seventh Anniversary 500 Comments 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited November 2013
    Hmm I am not really sure. I went to school for psych and then onto my masters to be a therapist. While doing my practicum at an elementary school as a school counselor I knew that's what I wanted to do. Upon graduation I needed to work under a licensed therapist in a counseling agency for 2 years and pass the licensing exam to be a licensed mental health counselor. THEN I would have to take some courses (I think) in school counseling to be a school counselor. 

After grad school I wasn't hired at a counseling agency due to my lack of experience with clients with serious mental health issues because I worked with kids in a school on less severe issues like ADD, anxiety, behavior problems, etc. THEN, due to my involvement with children my resume was forwarded to my now boss, they weren't hiring teachers, but I became a substitute. Several months later I was hired as a lead teacher and I absolutely love it! I can love my kids without all of the politics of counseling.

I sometimes think I should have gone to school for teaching, but I think my background gives me a different lens as a teacher, so I guess no.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Mona8
  • I'm a legal assistant now... Not really what I went to school for... But as my dad said to me 'education is never wasted'

Anyways.... I think is look into nursing if I could do it all over again.
    View Full Size Image
  • I never went to college but if I could go back I would tell myself to go after I graduated H.S for child care, since now irk when I will be able to go to college since I know what I want to do.
    imageimage

• My degree is in geology and I decided two weeks before graduation that I wanted to be a teacher. I guess if I were to do it all over again, I would have gone to the same college for education instead of geology. I wouldn't be getting a second degree now cuz id already be doing what I love. But I probably wouldn't have my job now and I love those kids to pieces. No regrets!
    photo enhanced-buzz-23740-1333550931-30_zpsdc46930f.jpg

Anniversary