May 2012 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

GTKY: Books

What is your favorite book? Why?

Re: GTKY: Books

• I don't know that I have a favorite.... So many good books. I love the sisterhood of the traveling pants series. I love the hunger games series. I've read each a couple of times. Those are my most recent favorites. When I was younger (8-10?) I loved reading books by Jean Little. I still have those books. Lately I've been reading nonsense Nora Roberts books. They're fun and easy to read.
    View Full Size Image
    mildlymailyn
  • I only get one??  Hmmmm

toss up:

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn

Little Women

I guess I like coming of age novels set in the past.

Anniversary PersonalMilestone 

• I have a couple: A Thousand Splendid Suns, Perks of Being a Wallflower, The Alchemist, Let's Pretend This Never Happened, Bossypants

If I had to pick one it might be Perks of Being a Wallflower. I just read it at the right time when I was a teenager and it helped me feel less alone.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

imageimage

• I have a couple: A Thousand Splendid Suns, Perks of Being a Wallflower, The Alchemist, Let's Pretend This Never Happened, Bossypants

If I had to pick one it might be Perks of Being a Wallflower. I just read it at the right time when I was a teenager and it helped me feel less alone.

When I saw Perks of Being a Wallflower... it made me sad! I think it reminded me to omuch of growing up and being an outsider...

I love Harry Potter and I have read them dozens of times. I also love the Hunger Games series. 
  • bpphoto785bpphoto785 member
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2013

I have a couple: A Thousand Splendid Suns, Perks of Being a Wallflower, The Alchemist, Let's Pretend This Never Happened, Bossypants

When I saw Perks of Being a Wallflower... it made me sad! I think it reminded me to omuch of growing up and being an outsider...

I love Harry Potter and I have read them dozens of times. I also love the Hunger Games series. 

Have you read Perks? It's much different than the book movie, probably a little darker actually. But reading it as that outsider growing up, made me feel less like an outsider because I knew there were others (if that makes sense). Plus I could connect with Charlie on some of the emotional issues he was going through.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

imageimage

mildlymailyn
  • I honestly don't really read unless it's something I am truely interested in. My favorite though is almost anything by Nicholas Sparks.

Have you read Perks? It's much different than the book, probably a little darker actually. But reading it as that outsider growing up, made me feel less like an outsider because I knew there were others (if that makes sense). Plus I could connect with Charlie on some of the emotional issues he was going through.
    I didn't read it but maybe I will now.
  • I used to read a lot but I do not so much any more I love to read books by Dannelle Steel. I love the love drama and romance.
    imageimage