Military Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

New Here! Military member and Married to one.

Hello, 

My name is Alisha and I am in the Navy, and my husband is currently in the Navy and he is deployed right now.  We have one child together and she is the best thing that has happened to us!  Right now i feel with him gone, i am going crazy.  I am SO busy with work, life, and the baby that I don't have time for myself and I don't have anyone around here to help out with babysitting that I end up doing everything with my daughter.  What do ya all do in these situations?  I have a lot of my plate and not a whole lot of time to myself. Oh and we are supposed to be getting orders here this month and as if that isn't another stressor!

Re: New Here! Military member and Married to one.

• I feel your pain!  The best thing anyone could do is build a support system around them.  Find out what type of support your base has to offer.  Many offer so many free hours a month for child care during deployment.  Find out if the gym on base still offers child care.  I say still because our gym recently dumped child care.  
    If those aren't options, see if any of your neighbors can babysit or have a teenager who can babysit.  Even if it's just long enough for you to go to the grocery store, it's long enough for you to relax for a minute and recharge.  When my kids were small, I'd even have some one come over so I could shower and take a nap every now and then.  It helps so much.  Heck, the hour that they are in Sunday school at church is like a mini vacation.  
    You have to be able to take an hour for your self here and there.  It helps to clear your mind and give you a minute to breathe.  Do it before orders come down and you have to start doing all that mess.  
    [IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/160yf86.jpg[/IMG]