Pets
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Why did I stop in at the shelter when I know I can't adopt yet?????

Arrrgh!  I drove to the next town north of me, about an hour away, to get some supplies for the dog I want to adopt at the end of March.  I know things are just too busy between now and then to have the time to devote to a new puppy.  After that, no problem - the huge project I've got going on at work will be in a much calmer phase with no necessary travel, and the personal committments I've got for the next few weekends will be over with.  Anyway, while I was there I thought I might as well stop in at the SPCA shelter, to "just take a look"...and fell in love with a 3 month old black lab mix that was just a wriggling ball of puppyness!  She peed on my foot and it was love at first piddle - it was all I could do to walk away.  I think if I had a crate with me I probably would have a new puppy right now.  But, I filled out an adoption application, so if she is still there in 3 weeks (unlikely), I'll go back.

On a more positive note, I picked up this great harness that has a clip on piece that slides over a seatbelt.  It's adjustable enough that it will fit a puppy to an adult - yay!

Re: Why did I stop in at the shelter when I know I can't adopt yet?????

• Good luck in the future with your adoption!! I laughed at this:

"She peed on my foot and it was love at first piddle" 

• I am completely forbidden at shelters!!  I would have a mess of animals!!  Good for you to be able to leave.  :)  "Love at first piddle!!!"  LOL!