Entertaining Ideas
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Suggestions on a shower theme

I'm a bridesmaid and working on a shower for an eclectic bride.  She's into the green movement and shoes!  Any thoughts on ideas for either a green shower or a shoe themed shower? 

The internet is not my friend here.  

Re: Suggestions on a shower theme

• I'd try these sites.. they may help for a green wedding:

www.greatgreenwedding.com

www.theknot.com has a "real green weddings" section - search "green wedding"

Maybe you could plant organic herb seeds (widely available, I know they have them at Lowes). Use the plants as centerpieces, and give them away as favors.

Try to get food locally. Think local meat/farm, produce, bakery, ect.

Rent flatware, china, ect vs using plastic and styrofoam.

Use invites made from recycled paper, or (depending on formality of course) you could email them, and take out the paper all together.

Organic candles are available, made from organic bees wax.

GL!

• If you do a green shower choose a menu with organic foods. Choose reusable plates and glasses to serve food on.

For favors give every guest a small potted herb plant (such as basil, rosemary, etc.), so that way they can essentially grow and use their own garden for cooking.

Decorate with natural colors: burlap browns, natural cotton whites, bamboo greens. 

For centeprieces or for the buffet table, again choose potted plants, which can be replanted or kept in the home, and offer these to the guests as prizes at the end of the shower.

If you choose to do games, and are looking for prizes give away soy candles and/or aluminum water bottles.

• I would TOTALLY do a "natural" theme like mentioned above. Maybe grow some paperwhites in pots as favor, decorate like pp mentioed with linen, natural cottons, earthy greens. Best part? you can find a LOT of decor stuff like that night now.